1968 Aurora Cessna 337 Kit: Updated & modified.

Here's my build of a  'classic' 1968 1/72  Aurora Cessna 337 SkyMaster...

I used vac-form windscreen  and props from spares box (Khee-Kha C185 leftovers) & replaced the rest of the cabin glazing. Apart from the scratch-built pannier the rest is original :)

51957701104_409e0fd9c8_k.jpgUntitled by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52032703148_16000a067f_k.jpgUntitled by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52032703203_49d6a078f2_k.jpgUntitled by Harry Follas, on Flickr

52033185170_8d7f94a832_k.jpgUntitled by Harry Follas, on Flickr

• Like 51
  • Thanks 1

Nicely done. I grew up by an airfield and there was a Skymaster based there. I can hear the distinct roar of the Skymaster just now 🙂

Cheers,

Wlad

Nicely done. An aeroplane from my past - I spannered on one at Luton Flying Club in the sixties but did not know Chathams had operated them and have never seen one here. It seems at least one of everything gets to NZ! 

That is a nice build/reno. I used to have the same kit finished as a Canadian Coast Guard example with JBOT decals. But it got badly damaged and discarded sadly.

4 hours ago, Kiwidave4 said:

Nicely done. An aeroplane from my past - I spannered on one at Luton Flying Club in the sixties but did not know Chathams had operated them and have never seen one here. It seems at least one of everything gets to NZ! 

‘TAI was air Chathams first aircraft back during the early ‘80s. In fact Craig Emeny (CEO) purchased it from Air Rarotonga (now Air Raro), it was their first aircraft also. Craig used TAI to ferry fresh crayfish from Pitt Island to Main Chatham Island and then to the mainland. It’s how Air Chathams began, passengers have always been secondary on that service. TAI  came to grief at some stage in the Chatham Islands during 1980s early 90s. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wulfman said:

A very nice build, there seems too be an increasing interest in general aviation subjects which is good to see !

Wulfman

It's definitely good to see! The model is proof positive there is an appeal in general aviation planes. Well done!