On 5/1/2022 at 7:25 PM, robgizlu said:

That is a cracking model!

Rob

Thank you Rob.

On 5/1/2022 at 9:03 PM, DaveH said:

Very nice build 'n finish...

DaveH

Thank you Dave.

What a fantastic build Nenad. Really like the interior it makes it. Weathering is spot on in particular the chipping. I too have a soft spot for the A9's and A10's. This one in particular with the twin machine gun turrets 😎  One day I'll do one. Gecko quality and detail is second to none for me.

Cheers Andrew

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:33 PM, APA said:

What a fantastic build Nenad. Really like the interior it makes it. Weathering is spot on in particular the chipping. I too have a soft spot for the A9's and A10's. This one in particular with the twin machine gun turrets 😎  One day I'll do one. Gecko quality and detail is second to none for me.

Cheers Andrew

Thank you Andrew. I have Gecko's A10 as well waiting to be build. Wish they'll make A13 sometime soon.

On 5/4/2022 at 3:11 PM, Muchmirth said:

Absolutely stunning!!! Just brilliant weathering and modelling all round. 

Thank you.

On 5/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, Redcoat2966 said:

Nice paint job on that on Nenad, and a great subject. Makes me want to look some more into early British armour. Great job.....:yes:

Thank you. I find early armor quite interesting, because there's many different designs, some of them being even crazy and bizarre :)

• Like 1

I love these early British cruisers and you have made a fabulous job of this one Nenad. 

Your paint wear and chips are spot on and I think you have kept them in the right areas, the exhaust looks great as does the dusty appearance of the model.

I have the Bronco kit at the almost finished point and it's been like that for sometime as there are a couple of areas I'm not happy with, the Gecko kit does seem to have the edge in terms of detail so now I'm thinking I may abandon the Bronco and try the Gecko.

Looking forward to your next project.

Wayne

• Thanks 1

On 5/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Yg Models said:

nice weathering 😃

master piece.

Thank you.

10 hours ago, diablo rsv said:

I love these early British cruisers and you have made a fabulous job of this one Nenad. 

Your paint wear and chips are spot on and I think you have kept them in the right areas, the exhaust looks great as does the dusty appearance of the model.

I have the Bronco kit at the almost finished point and it's been like that for sometime as there are a couple of areas I'm not happy with, the Gecko kit does seem to have the edge in terms of detail so now I'm thinking I may abandon the Bronco and try the Gecko.

Looking forward to your next project.

Wayne

Thank you Wayne. I can only recommend this Gecko kit. It is really great. The only downside is some fiddly areas, such as the exhaust and tracks (although they look great).

I have Bronco A13 (both Mk. I and Mk. II), but ofter reading some reviews, it looks like it has too many issues, so I am thinking to wait for Gecko to make one (hope they will). Although, your Bronco A13 looks great to my eye.

I started working on Border Model Crusader Mk. III. Going super smoothly so far. Good kit.

5 hours ago, Gary Brantley said:

What a superb tank model @Nenad Ilijic!   :worthy: That is fantastic scale modeling, shown to perfection with your great photo work Nenad!   Wow, I can't express how impressively realistic this model looks to me!     Thanks for inspiring me sir. 🍻

Thank you very much Gary for your kind words. Glad to hear that it inspired you. 🍻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nenad, your tank looks fantastic! I really liked the weathering, everything looks very natural, with beautiful colors and textures.
How did you make the fine light texture that you can see on top of the little turret in the tenth photo?

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

Truly lovely work.I've always liked 'desert' vehicles with caunter schemes for some reason.I actually have this kit but it looks like a mammoth build with nearly 700 parts for the tracks alone!

Mind if i ask how long did the whole thing take ?

• Thanks 1

Hi Nenad. Wow! That is absolutely superb!! Very impressive modelling all round!! Your paintwork and weathering is some of the best I have seen!! Awesome modelling! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2022 at 11:50 PM, vytautas said:

Hi Nenad, your tank looks fantastic! I really liked the weathering, everything looks very natural, with beautiful colors and textures.
How did you make the fine light texture that you can see on top of the little turret in the tenth photo?

Vytautas

Thank you Vytautas. The texture is just pigments, first rubbed on with a brush, and that the excess was removed with a sponge. I used different pigments for the first time though, VMS pigments. There are two types, fine, which is dusty looking, and coarse, to make a texture. It definitely helps to create a variety.

14 hours ago, Melchy1914 said:

Truly lovely work.I've always liked 'desert' vehicles with caunter schemes for some reason.I actually have this kit but it looks like a mammoth build with nearly 700 parts for the tracks alone!

Mind if i ask how long did the whole thing take ?

Thank you. I don't want to discourage you, but it definitely took a lot of time :)

Maybe at least 30% more of what I usually need to build a typical 1/35 AFV model, maybe even more. Around three months in total, few hours each weekend. However, building it was really fun, I enjoyed it a lot. Even building the tracks was not that tedious. The only PITA was that damn exhaust, which was unnecessarily fiddly.

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nenad. Wow! That is absolutely superb!! Very impressive modelling all round!! Your paintwork and weathering is some of the best I have seen!! Awesome modelling! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you for your kind words Stix. Coming from you, really adds up weight :)

• Thanks 1

On 5/24/2022 at 5:41 PM, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hey Nenad

Makes me want something british and a cold drink 😁
Top work!

Thank you! Same here, seeing these desert tanks always make me crave for some cold beer. Maybe that's the reason why I enjoy that much building them :D

On 5/24/2022 at 6:35 PM, MartinL said:

Really nicely done..kudos 😉

Thank you!

On 5/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, Alpha Juliet said:

Lovely build - and one to remember for when my stash gets to a more manageable size!

Thank you!

On 5/29/2022 at 10:05 AM, Bullbasket said:

Hi Nenad. That's probably the best A9 model that I have seen. You've done a great job all round. Nice one.

John.

Thank you John. Haven't heard from you for quite some time. How are you these days?

12 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Thank you John. Haven't heard from you for quite some time. How are you these days?

Hi Nenad. I'm fine, thank you. I've just been on a three month and one hour enforced holiday, and been very busy with non modelling work, but it's good to be back building models again.

John.

• Like 2

• Nenad Ilijic changed the title to Cruiser Mk. I, A9 - Gecko - 1/35