Hasegawa VW Micro-Bus.

Built box stock. Having got fed up spraying the light colour then masking up to spray a darker one and the Tamiya masking tape tearing the lighter colour off, I threw every colour I could find to cover the body!

photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

• Like 15

Thanks guys. Yes Orange wheels and yellow Goodyear tyre decals!

Thanks HOUSTON. Well as a teenager in the 1960's we saw everything and anything so anything goes!

Thanks desert falcon. AH hands too shaky for freehand signage although I'd love to! I looked for a decal in my stash but not found.

• Like 1

Well thanks Vesa. I had a nightmare with spray coating, masking a second darker coat, waiting each day for the paint to dry properly, peeling off the masking tape that took off all the paint underneath it! I sorted out a number of acrylic and enamel spay cans and sprayed all at once not thinking how it would come out! 

Cheers guys. Yes it was great fun, letting loose with about 4 or 5 spray cans!

Fantastic build!

The custom paint job really sets it off!

Would be right at home on one of those car restoration/customizing TV shows.

Love it!

👏👏

Thanks kapam.  I don't know about TV programmes, we don't see any custom style shows here in the UK.  There's only Wheeler Dealers and Car SOS British programmes and they just do up road cars to their standard spec. There are a lot of USA custom car programmes but all V8 cars we don't have here in the UK especially as fuel here is around £1.70 per litre or £6.80 per gallon for petrol and £7.20 a gallon for Diesel!

Thanks Funky Chiken.