Revell 1/48 Bf109G.XXXXXFinishedXXXXXXX

stevej60

Hi folk's,popped into my LMS on the way from work to look for asimple and cheapish kit for this GB,happy to say this kit was on the shelf

as I had wanted to build it for the last two Blitzbuilds but it was out of stock.I'll post sprue shots later the plan is to do Sunday afternoon

finish on Monday.

Nice new style box and colour instructions are supplied.

20220428_171041

20220428_171005

Simple enough but still with an acceptable level of detail,no flash,recessed lines,beautiful canopy not bad for a 1979 kit and just over a tenner.I finish work at 2pm

on Sunday so the plan is to have her ready for painting by the end of the day then a few little sessions throughout Monday till the finish.Can't wait!

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Cracking kit - looking forward to seeing this one hit the mat.

Thank's JM done a few over the year's always a pleasure!

Hi folk's got in from work at two washed and ready to go,todays session starts at three and will be just popping up and down progressing in small steps till

about eight when modelling stops for wine!

So three PM and the parts I removed from the sprue's are ready.

20220501_152034

An hour in and interior painted with tape harness and IP decalled using the kits as supplied.Dry brushed the small amount of molded detail.

20220501_163347

Ten minute's later fuselage cemented and taped up wing's and tail planes added as you can see prop and wheels painted in between jobs.

20220501_164139

And in the last couple of hour's seems sanded (no filler needed) rattle can primer and just brushed the top gray and drying while Tea on the go.

Plan is by close of play to nave the Light blue paint and green camo done leaving whatever time I have tomorrow for final assembly paint,decals

and weathering

20220501_174650

20220501_180130

• Like 4

Good going steve, not as easy as it looks this blitz build buisness, you've  planned your progress well, me I'm  like those ruskies on the road to kiev, at a standstill

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Good going steve, not as easy as it looks this blitz build buisness, you've  planned your progress well, me I'm  like those ruskies on the road to kiev, at a standstill

Thank's H and calling it a night now good progress I/m a little ahead as she's glossed coated to.

20220501_201116

• Like 2

Morning folk's,here we are where yesterdays progress ended and today will be an eleven start(last night's Shiraz).first session was to spray the undersides blue

then mask and paint the silver sections which the first coat is drying now,I'll give it an hour before the second.In between drying times I wasted ten minutes getting 

the dreaded spinner decal on which thankfully I managed and sealed it with a coat of gloss.

20220502_104329

20220502_115139

• Like 3

Hi folk's this ones going to the wire,I'm due out at eight tonight but lost the whole afternoon due to an issue so got back an hour ago grabbed everything down to

the kitchen for water and got the decal's on,not obvious from the photo is the horrific silvering of the upper wing crosses I'll loose precious time cutting it all out!

20220502_174153

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Fingers crossed!

Thank's JM,finished as good as it can be,probably time permmiting I'd have tidied up the canopy more and added the R/t wiring.matt coated after a few passes with 

an earthy shade to dull it all down.

20220502_192119

• Like 5

• stevej60 changed the title to Revell 1/48 Bf109G.XXXXXFinishedXXXXXXX