Xtrakit 1/72 Gloster Meteor Reaper - COMPLETED

A Meteor intended for ground attack only.

This kit,  from Jet Age historian - thanks.

00-Xtrakit-Meteor-F8-boxart.jpg

To build something like this:

01-Reaper-Rocket.jpg

Kit parts, and spares that I've collected.  The kit has minor cockpit work, and dryfitting - but well short of 25%.

03-Parts.jpg

Decals, and leftovers.  Markings for G-7-1 are red.  It might not be finished perfectly. 

04-decals.jpg

Story is that by time of the Korean War, even Gloster were admitting that the Meteor was outclassed for air-air confrontations.

In order to maintain sales, a Meteor F8, was optimised as a ground attack fighter.

The single aircraft was armed with bombs, or double row rockets, and wingtip fuel-tanks, for demonstration purposes.  

No further sales were forthcoming, and just the single prototype aircraft was built.

Did I ever mention that I'm a volunteer at Jet Age?  where there's an interest in the history of Gloster Aircraft . . .

This aircraft was later fitted with the tandem cockpit of a T7, and called a T7 and 1/2, and used for company business, including photography.

Special-Hobby-Meteor7-5-FS.jpg 

Later sold to the Swedish Air Force, by then it had a proper T7 tail fitted, and the fuel tanks were gone.

• Like 9

• theplasticsurgeon changed the title to Xtrakit 1/72 Gloster Meteor Reaper - COMPLETED