Bronco 1/48 ICM

Latest off the bench is the ICM  1/48 Bronco. 

Really nice little kit that went together very well. Fully recomended.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_0000

DPP_0001

DPP_0002

• Like 67
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@jenko

Really nice Bronco there, I'm thinking about building mine but I'm curious about tail sitting issues. 

The biggest issue being the nose weight required and no where to put any counter weight in. What did you do with yours?

39 minutes ago, thepureness said:

@jenko

Really nice Bronco there, I'm thinking about building mine but I'm curious about tail sitting issues. 

The biggest issue being the nose weight required and no where to put any counter weight in. What did you do with yours?

Thanks. No nose weight  added.  IRC there is a little  room under the cockpit  floor for a few slips of lead. 

Hth

Dick

2 minutes ago, jenko said:

Thanks. No nose weight  added.  IRC there is a little  room under the cockpit  floor for a few slips of lead. 

Hth

Dick

So, is yours a tail sitter?

41 minutes ago, jenko said:

No. Quite the opposite. 👍

That's quite interesting. So the OV-10D version of the kit has a slightly more weight to the forward fuselage to prevent tail sitting even without weight added. 

I've been reading some builds of the OV-10A version and some are plagued with tail sitting even after trying to add weight

56 minutes ago, thepureness said:

That's quite interesting. So the OV-10D version of the kit has a slightly more weight to the forward fuselage to prevent tail sitting even without weight added. 

I've been reading some builds of the OV-10A version and some are plagued with tail sitting even after trying to add weight

May be I was lucky.  If in doubt add weight. It's a deep wheel well so .... out of sight etc.................... Plus the hemisphere on the nose is a good place to add weight.

Edited by jenko

• 7 months later...
On 03/07/2022 at 13:19, thepureness said:

Recently, I finished this model (D+) and I was sure it would be a tail-sitter if I didn't add the weight in the nose. Fortunately, there's a space in the extended nose section, above the FLIR turret. Better safe than sorry.