1/48 Henschel Hs 129B-2, Hobby 2000 (Hasegawa)+Eduard+Master (MK103)

1 hour ago, Fuad said:

The prototype 
278571926_7624471317593787_7545282425779

One thing that jumps out to me is that they have applied camouflage over all the national and unit markings but have left the swastika absolutely pristine.  Almost as if they had a political officer on the base saying “don’t you dare”.

Of course it could be that it was supplied from the factory without swastikas so they had to buy after-market decals which were delayed in the post and only turned up once the camouflage had been applied 😀

To be clear, my observation is about the actual plane in the archive photo, not your model, which I think is excellent.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, nheather said:

One thing that jumps out to me is that they have applied camouflage over all the national and unit markings but have left the swastika absolutely pristine.  Almost as if they had a political officer on the base saying “don’t you dare”.

Of course it could be that it was supplied from the factory without swastikas so they had to buy after-market decals which were delayed in the post and only turned up once the camouflage had been applied 😀

Cheers,

Nigel

By the way, I used only the letter "K" and small numbers from the decals. The remaining designations and the swastika are made using stencils.

40 minutes ago, Electric Indigo said:

Very nice details on the kit, and your execution is perfect!

How did you achieve the camo pattern? It looks like it was applied with a paint roller on the real thing.

I did not dare to paint with a roller according to RLM70/71. Although it had to be so for reliability. I blew out the entire surface of the RLM79, and then painted with the RLM70 brush. Then sanded with water.

• Thanks 2

You've done a wonderful job recreating a very unusual colour scheme. I would've had no idea that hand painting the undercoat on top would work out so well! Really incredible build of such a cool aircraft!