1/35 FV101 Scorpion Tank Track Links

MickE

the rubber band tracks in the kit are 255mm/10inches long. 

The friulmodel metal tracks give you 180 in the box, so that wouuld give you a max 90 per side. but at about 3.5 mm per link thats too long

255/3.5 would give you 73 links for the same length as the rubberband tracks

• Like 1

Thanks. I have the AFV Club plastic track links. At the moment I have made the track lengths the same as the rubber band ones and will check for fit when I have finished painting the tank and have fitted the wheels.

15 hours ago, MickE said:

Thanks. I have the AFV Club plastic track links. At the moment I have made the track lengths the same as the rubber band ones and will check for fit when I have finished painting the tank and have fitted the wheels.

I did that and found the run a bit on the tight side so I chucked another link on per run which seemed to work.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, andygif290368 said:

255/3.5 would give you 73 links for the same length as the rubberband tracks

Not sure I'd want to do that - the kit's tracks are so short they run almost dead straight from sprocket to idler.  One extra link would make it sag a bit, but with no return rollers the idea is that the tracks should droop far enough to touch the middle three road wheels, so more would be needed.

Unless some kind soul can enlighten us from experience (and allow for tracks stretching with time) what about counting the links on a decent photo of the real thing?

• Like 1