Porsche 917/30 MFH 1/12

I finished this kit after several months of work.  It was a difficult build, and definitely has its flaws, but overall I am happy with it.  I had been waiting for some time in the hopes that MFH would release a 1/12 917/30, as I think it is one of the all time coolest racing cars.  I figured it was in the vein of the sorts of kits MFH produces, and ultimately my wait paid off.

Thanks for looking.

uMJXe2d.jpg

AD5wY40.jpg

HxWGxiU.jpg

t3dnZu1.jpg

WY6nmdt.jpg

HrHOoLW.jpg

kGoHuGT.jpg

mgl5Nri.jpg

jwHJ5ef.jpg

• Like 37

12 minutes ago, Kitkent said:

One of my favourite race cars too! This is outstanding and should be in a museum…Did you add anything? Or do they supply literally everything? 
Great stuff! Chris.

Thanks Chris, much appreciated.

A lot of details were added.  MFH includes the major plumbing parts for example, but none of the smaller stuff or much wiring.

I’m in awe of you you guys who can build these MFH kits, that engine compartment is unbelievably! I got to see the 1:1 of this car driven at a historic event at Riverside Raceway in CA in the 80’s, owned and driven at the time by Otis Chandler (LA Times Publisher). He was very tall dude (6’-3”) and looked very goofy with his helmeted head poking way up above even the rear wing! He left a hell of a car collection when he died in 2006.

That is absolutely stunning.  The depth of detail and quality of execution is incredible.  The engine bay, spaceframe and cockpit are beautifully crafted - all in all amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

There is probably no finer compliment than saying a finished model looks like studio photos of the real thing!

That is exactly the result you have attained here!

Absolutely amazing!

👏👏👏

• 10 months later...

Hello Vinegaroon9!

Impressive construction of this model. I still have it in my stash. Your pictures of the finished model are great. Since I'm looking for inspiration for mine, I'm asking you if you've kept a construction diary. 

• 10 months later...