Aries 1B kit comparison

Greetings!

Received the Moebius Aries 1B yesterday and have had a quick look at the kit.  Initial impression is favorable.  Have not opened the parts bags yet, but it appears to be good kit.  Compared the upper dome of the Moebius kit to the larger Atomic City kit I built a few years ago.  Obvious size difference between 1/32 and 1/48 scale, but there several differences in small details.   I believe the masters for the Atomic City kit were finalized before the filming model was discovered. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5

Comparison of the upper dome from the Moebius Aries 1B kit to the completed Atomic City Orion.  Both are described as being 1/48 scale, but this does not seem right to me.   The Orion is 44" in length, perhaps it is larger than 1/48 scale?  Alternatively, maybe the Aries is smaller than 1/48 scale.  Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Bill

spacer.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Having just built the Aries, I firmly believe it is 1:48 scale just from the size of the seats.

Having also just built the 1:160 scale Space Clipper I believe it would be significantly larger than the Aries, so your size comparison is not out of place.

• Like 1