Which of the many aspects of our wonderful hobby bring you joy?

Bertie McBoatface

1 minute ago, Neil.C said:

Exactly how I feel.

It's nice to look at completed models for a few weeks. After that I usually give them to my Grandsons to play with, i.e "dispose of". 😅

They are dust traps and take up a good bit of space. 

Well said that man!

It's making not keeping, that's the pleasure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neil.C said:

They are dust traps and take up a good bit of space. 

Ah yes, the dust traps... the official reason everything I build is assembled with the cockpits closed. 😇

Edited by RaceAddict
  • Haha 2

It's a good question...

Anything that is auto pilot stuff, anything that my hands can just get on with, without having to think too much, then I can just listen to some music and think about other things, my head can wander off into the clouds, so cleaning up parts, removing mould lines/part lines, I love doing wheels/tyres for instance, cutting card, cleaning it up, taking off burs, all the chilled out easy stuff, you can just auto pilot it, and let your head think about other things without having to worry about mistakes.

Making something, or doing something that you feel/worry/have a gut feeling, that it's not gonna be very good, and then it turns out to be not half bad, something that you can work from, something that tells you your on the right track, you can learn from it, it's like a surprise gift, from someone you love, puts a smile on your face.

;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cerberus said:

It's a good question...

Anything that is auto pilot stuff, anything that my hands can just get on with, without having to think too much, then I can just listen to some music and think about other things, my head can wander off into the clouds, so cleaning up parts, removing mould lines/part lines, I love doing wheels/tyres for instance, cutting card, cleaning it up, taking off burs, all the chilled out easy stuff, you can just auto pilot it, and let your head think about other things without having to worry about mistakes.

Making something, or doing something that you feel/worry/have a gut feeling, that it's not gonna be very good, and then it turns out to be not half bad, something that you can work from, something that tells you your on the right track, you can learn from it, it's like a surprise gift, from someone you love, puts a smile on your face.

;) 

The trick is to be in the right mood for either the mundane or the challenging at the time that each crop up. 

• Like 1