DC-9-31 North Central Airlines

My first true attempt at an airliner.

My family has a long history with North Central dating back to my grandfather's business trips on their DC-3's.  I remember seeing my dad off on one of their Convair 580's.  I myself still have vivid memories of flying on their DC-9's before they merged into Republic. 

Eastern Express kit, ATP decals.  Model Master, MRP & Alclad paints.  Never quite got the fit of the bottom of the wings completely to my liking, but otherwise a neat build to start into airliners with....

nRb0TEt.jpg

oF4yemn.jpg

7ypwWYA.jpg

WEYjd8P.jpg

W77lD5f.jpg

8NvLcEf.jpg

ei9SUSZ.jpg

Edited by Andrew D Jolly Rogers guy
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Very nice! I’ve been planning to build this very same plane (in North Central markings), to go along with the Wisconsin Central Airlines collection I’ve been slowly building (WCA was North Central’s predecessor)

Very nice indeed and an excellent first airliner. Well done and thanks for sharing.

For your next model you might want to consider the excellent "photo real" cockpit and cabin windows from Authentic Airliner Decals.  They are available for most jet airliners (including the DC-9/MD-80) and there are several propliners in the range too. They really help bring the model to life.

Dave G 🇺🇦

Your DC-9 is lovely. I'm especially impressed that you were able to replicate the exhaust stains on the tail that come from thrust reverser use. Nice job!