Roden 1/144 Boeing RC-135V/W Rivet Joint

VMA131Marine

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Looking forward to the 1/72 scale Rivet Joint from the USAF/RAF.

Is there such a kit projected?

Given the varied quality of Roden decals , something will turn up in the aftermarket range no doubt, including the RAF version. I presume that the aircraft are identical between the services and if anyone knows otherwise regards all the lumps and bumps and sticky out bits, I would suggest you get out more! Looking forward to the plastic.

Keith

6 hours ago, Britman said:

Given the varied quality of Roden decals , something will turn up in the aftermarket range no doubt, including the RAF version. I presume that the aircraft are identical between the services and if anyone knows otherwise regards all the lumps and bumps and sticky out bits, I would suggest you get out more! Looking forward to the plastic.

Keith

Caracal Decals has a set in 1/72, perhaps they can be persuaded to do it in 1/144th with a few extras chucked in.

8 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Weird! They work for me.

Just tried them again and they work, It May have been something on my end to be 100% honest. My internet has been acting funky for two days now and haven't been able to figure it out ? So it may just have been my AT&T blocking because something wasn't quite right. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, CaracalModels said:

There will be a Caracal sheet with a RAF option added.

6 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

agreed right scale, right subject.... but wrong decals! RAF ones please!

9 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

agreed right scale, right subject.... but wrong decals! RAF ones please!

You have no choice other than wait for aftermarket decals or next boxing at this time. Roden have a good record on covering variants of a subject. Have seen many times when X kit released then why no Y scale, no Z variants etc…  I am happy no matter whatever marking included. 

Edit: A suggestion email to Roden is not bad idea if you really want to use decals made by them. I had a good luck asking for C-5 kit.

Edited by Teeradej
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hmmm.  The wing-body fairing looks a bit funky.  There shouldn't be any kind of fairing ahead of the leading edge, and the trailing edge fairing should be real sharp--so it blends with the trailing edge of the wing.  As depicted, the trailing edge looks more like a -300 series 707 aircraft.  AMT-ERTL got this exactly right on their 1/72 scale model back in the day, and I would compare the fuselage halves with those of the much bigger kit.

On 6/24/2022 at 9:07 AM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

No.  I share your views on this.  The "hog nose" is much too small.

Too short?

I somehiw miss the kink on the lower fuselage... might this one be for another  fuselage? / model?