Jagdpanther Ausf.G1, Meng 1/35

Hi everyone. It is my first experience writing a building history of the scale model. And a small detail - I'm not from an English-speaking country. So if there will any mistakes in my story in English, please correct me. This is a great experience for me). Now the preface to the model.

I wanted to make this model since it appeared in the Meng release. Box art is fantastically beautiful. The quality of the meng company is also good.

But, I have started the project only now. And I am also planning a diorama for this model - I want to show Jagdpanther in full beauty🎉

Probably this story will not be as fast as possible, but it will be over and the result should be great.

🏗️ Materials that I will use:

• Meng TS-039 (Jagdpanther Ausf.G1)
  • VoyagerModel PE 35955
  • Set of resin equipment from Aliexpress

spacer.png

From this set (TS-039), you can build 4 different versions of jagdpanther. I immediately decided that I would build the fourth option. For some reason, I liked it the most.

spacer.png

To begin with a nice photo of the construction set) :

spacer.png

💥 I hope, this story will be interesting.

Edited by Yurii Prystai
  • Like 3

Welcome to the forum. Your building history is off to a good start.

Looking forward to seeing it develop.

JPs are among my favourite WWII vehicles.

Seeing your kit makes me want to start my Dragon 1/72 version - but I've too much else on the bench to start another new build just yet.

• Like 1

I'm building now. And I want to say that I never built a model of Meng or other modern and high-quality firms. This is my first model from Meng. And I probably will never buy a trumpeter or anything like that again.
Now I'm happy with every touch of the blade to the plastic part)) Even though some parts (mostly parts from the Panther Meng set) have minimal seams from the press-form.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Lower hull.

Everything is standard except that I fixed the metal nut. Later through the hole, I will fix the model with a wooden bar and bolt. You will see this later) There are little seams press-form on swing arms (these parts from Panther TS-035) So it took ~ 3+ hours to remove them. I didn't glue lower hull and upper hull, because I think that this way would be easier to assemble the tracks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1

The tracks look very detailed. Are they workable tracks that can be fitted to the rolling gear in one piece or indy links that have to be cemented to the wheels?

22 minutes ago, echen said:

The tracks look very detailed. Are they workable tracks that can be fitted to the rolling gear in one piece or indy links that have to be cemented to the wheels?

No, tracks are not-workable. Meng has workable tracks for TS-039. But it is sold separately (SPS-049). I don't want to buy that set. I want to try to assemble tracks from the box. It looks very nice, even though it is difficult to assemble. I'll add photos later. I still assemble wheels.

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, M3talpig said:

Would like to follow this as I have a G1 in the stash but used three different browsers and still cant see your photos , were are you uploading too.

I have downloaded photos to google photos and have copied a photo's link. I will find why you can't see photos. 

UPD: I changed method of creating a link in prev post

Edited by Yurii Prystai
  • Like 1

Lower hull with wheels.

I made an imitation of movement of the tank on a hilly surface (for future dioramas). On each swing arm, I cut the plastic that fixed swing arm (photo number 1).  After that, the swing arms can be moved up and down.  Then I fixed the formed position of wheels (glued rollers to the hull)

And I have started assembling tracks. It will be long, very long. Each track consists of three parts🥴🤯 But I will do it

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

Those tracks look quite a work-up but they'll look great fitted to the road wheels, especially over an uneven base.

• Like 2

Tracks are ready for assembly ♨️

It was hard and interesting (no). 174 parts🥴 If I build a model on Panther base from Meng in the future, I will never assemble tracks from the model box. But it was a great experience)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 4

Слава Україні!

Looks good, you really did a lot.

For this kit, the tracks are definitely a meditative practice :nod:.
Last year I also started making this Panther and I even hope to finish it someday (alright, alright, I know that chatter about the finished models in my case is bullshit).

Anyway, I enjoyed working with such tracks of my Panther, and I think they are really good, although many people criticize them. I glued the tracks in two parts, which are connected with a wire. 

spacer.png

Maybe this idea can be useful for you?

Greetings from Lithuania!

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Слава Україні!

Last year I also started making this Panther and I even hope to finish it someday (alright, alright, I know that chatter about the finished models in my case is bullshit).

Anyway, I enjoyed working with such tracks of my Panther, and I think they are really good, although many people criticize them. I glued the tracks in two parts, which are connected with a wire. 

spacer.png

Vytautas

Героям Слава) 🇺🇦

Yes, these tracks look beauty. And a finished look is worth the work. I hope to glue tracks in one part without connected from two parts. In a few days I will do photos of done work. 

Your advice is good) 

• Like 1

Tracks are assembled.

In instruction writes that each side consists of 87 tracks. I used 86. Maybe I could use 85, but what has been done cannot be changed 🙃

Each side I glued of two parts because my conductor for assembly trucks is too short. In general, tracks look very beautiful but I'm 90% satisfied with the result.

I don't like what tracks look like on idler wheel on the left side. But it is my mistake. I glued tracks for a long time and so tracks badly curve during installation on wheels.

I will be more careful in the future.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

fa12N7NksK5vH-atMYxh28v_wRImvPKzstXoqWNd

spacer.png

• Like 4

On 17/05/2022 at 21:13, vytautas said:

Слава Україні!

spacer.png

Vytautas

What glue did you use? It looks very carefully and beautiful

The tracks look excellent and the sag is very natural.

11 hours ago, Yurii Prystai said:

What glue did you use? It looks very carefully and beautiful

Thanks, Yurii. I use Tamiya Extra Thin Cement (Quick-Setting). I think it very similar to Mr.Cement.

spacer.png

I collect separate details into tape on a long wooden ruler, the line marks on the ruler help me navigate where I have already glued the parts, and where I haven’t yet. For more convenience, I place the ends of the tracks on the drive sprocket.

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Thanks 1