UFO Models Question

I have these two kits and wanted to know if there are any other UFO models? I l like the fact that UFO's are something different and something I want to build.

These two from Atlantis models. TR-3E Triangular UFO & Earth vs The Flying Saucers with Backdrop.

https://atlantis-models.com/tr-3e-ufo-with-base-5-inch-series-plastic-model-kit/

https://atlantis-models.com/earth-vs-the-flying-saucers-plastic-model-kit-with-backdrop/

Thanks,

James

1 minute ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

@Martian is perhaps the correct sentient being to whom this query should be addressed. 🤔

You are right my friend. @Martian is the right Martian to ask. Martian is also the Zeppelin master as well.

• Like 2

Indeed!

Let us call to him now and see if we can summon him! 

Ooooohhhhhhhhhllllllllaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Ooooooooohhhhhhhllllaaahhhhhh….

Ullllllaaaahhhhhh…..  🛸

Are you there  @Martian

Are you receiving!??? 🚀🛸🛸🛸

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, James S. said:

I have these two kits and wanted to know if there are any other UFO models? I l like the fact that UFO's are something different and something I want to build.

These two from Atlantis models. TR-3E Triangular UFO & Earth vs The Flying Saucers with Backdrop.

https://atlantis-models.com/tr-3e-ufo-with-base-5-inch-series-plastic-model-kit/

https://atlantis-models.com/earth-vs-the-flying-saucers-plastic-model-kit-with-backdrop/

Thanks,

James

It depends on whether you equate UFO with extra-terrestrial or, as I do, meaning just what it says; a flying object that one cannot easily identify. If,as I suspect,you mean the former, search EvilBay toys and games,model kits for either UFO or flying saucer and you will find plenty of choice. There are even some Haunebus there; although seeing as I use one or my commuting to Mars or the Planet Wibble and even built one on this very forum, the unidentified part of the description is clearly inappropriate to even the dimmest Earthling. As for flying objects; the last time I heard the phrase used was when the Action News Reporter of the Much-Snivelling-in-the-Swamp Gazette posted an article about the ballistics of Lady Melchett's best china tea service and her reaction when our very own @general melchett invited his latest discovery, the "Fair Georgina" round to Melchett Towers for drinks and "nibbles" and the consequent disturbance in the village that resulted.

1 hour ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

Indeed!

Let us call to him now and see if we can summon him! 

Ooooohhhhhhhhhllllllllaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Ooooooooohhhhhhhllllaaahhhhhh….

Ullllllaaaahhhhhh…..  🛸

Are you there  @Martian

Are you receiving!??? 🚀🛸🛸🛸

I knew SETI (Search of Extra-terrestrial Intelligence) was facing budget cuts but this is ridiculous! 

14 minutes ago, James S. said:

Did you use the intergalactic communication device to contact @Martian? I believe that's the only way to contact Martians.....

Or Britmodeller of course; more so since I kicked the Galactic arm of EE into touch for pants service that even the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation would be jealous of!

Helpful of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Martian said:

It depends on whether you equate UFO with extra-terrestrial or, as I do, meaning just what it says; a flying object that one cannot easily identify. If,as I suspect,you mean the former, search EvilBay toys and games,model kits for either UFO or flying saucer and you will find plenty of choice. There are even some Haunebus there; although seeing as I use one or my commuting to Mars or the Planet Wibble and even built one on this very forum, the unidentified part of the description is clearly inappropriate to even the dimmest Earthling. As for flying objects; the last time I heard the phrase used was when the Action News Reporter of the Much-Snivelling-in-the-Swamp Gazette posted an article about the ballistics of Lady Melchett's best china tea service and her reaction when our very own @general melchett invited his latest discovery, the "Fair Georgina" round to Melchett Towers for drinks and "nibbles" and the consequent disturbance in the village that resulted.

I knew SETI (Search of Extra-terrestrial Intelligence) was facing budget cuts but this is ridiculous! 

Or Britmodeller of course; more so since I kicked the Galactic arm of EE into touch for pants service that even the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation would be jealous of!

Helpful of Mars 👽

14 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Testors do the Roswell UFO and the S4 UFO. Not cheap these days. Pegasus do some small ones as well.

Thanks @Martian. You are right, a flying object that can't be identified. I like the fact there is no right or wrong way to build one. @bentwaters81tfw I will check Pegasus. Both of y'all have been most helpful.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Neil Lambess said:

Atlantis have done a lot more than are in the current catalogue Including that Adamski type 

Thanks. I'll try searching for it.

23 hours ago, James S. said:

I have these two kits and wanted to know if there are any other UFO models? .....

Revell and Squadron models have released some  Flying Saucer Model Kits based on the Haunebu Design Concepts from WWII. More from the "What-If" Corner than extraterrestrial Space Ships.

As our resident Martian says, it depends on what you consider a UFO, something TV/movie based or a supposed eye-witness account sighting. As TomTom mentions, along with the Atlantis kits there are several Haunebu saucers out there, mostly based on the Haunebu II concept. Squadron produce one in 1/72 as does Revell/Hand in Head/Wave Corporation 1/72 (more a rehashed Adamski based model than a Haunebu, the Squadron kit is far better), Anigrand 1/144, resin and Pegasus 1/144). Anigrand include a Haunebu I with the II as an extra. Polar Lights do the Forbidden Planet C-75D Space Cruiser in 1/72 and 1/72. Lindberg/Testors did the 1/48th Roswell craft and Monogram/Tsukuda/Atlantis (originally Aurora) UFO from ‘The Invaders’ TV show, still available. Pegasus also released an Area-51 UFO. Fantastic Plastic have the Kenneth Arnold UFO (first UFO) and the UFO saucer from ‘The Thing’ movie. The site has many interesting designs, but they’re not cheap. If you have a 3D printer there are many designs available, many being free. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, general melchett said:

As our resident Martian says, it depends on what you consider a UFO, something TV/movie based or a supposed eye-witness account sighting. As TomTom mentions, along with the Atlantis kits there are several Haunebu saucers out there, mostly based on the Haunebu II concept. Squadron produce one in 1/72 as does Revell/Hand in Head/Wave Corporation 1/72 (more a rehashed Adamski based model than a Haunebu, the Squadron kit is far better), Anigrand 1/144, resin and Pegasus 1/144). Anigrand include a Haunebu I with the II as an extra. Polar Lights do the Forbidden Planet C-75D Space Cruiser in 1/72 and 1/72. Lindberg/Testors did the 1/48th Roswell craft and Monogram/Tsukuda/Atlantis (originally Aurora) UFO from ‘The Invaders’ TV show, still available. Pegasus also released an Area-51 UFO. Fantastic Plastic have the Kenneth Arnold UFO (first UFO) and the UFO saucer from ‘The Thing’ movie. The site has many interesting designs, but they’re not cheap. If you have a 3D printer there are many designs available, many being free. 

The Kenneth Arnold UFO and the Area 51,  both sound killer. I don't mind movie/TV based - some of those can be really cool, but am mainly a bit more interested on supposed eye-witness account. How are the Fantastic Plastic kits, being they are resin?

They come from a mixture of casting companies including Creative Cast Parts, Ravenstar Studios, Anigrand Craftworks etc to a high standard, usually with few parts making assembly straightforward plus many are designed by the talented pattern designer, Scott Lowther. I’ve built a few and found them pretty straightforward to build as long as you’re used to the usual quirks of resin modelling. I prefer resin as a medium myself plus the subject matter is varied and interesting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, general melchett said:

They come from a mixture of casting companies including Creative Cast Parts, Ravenstar Studios, Anigrand Craftworks etc to a high standard, usually with few parts making assembly straightforward plus many are designed by the talented pattern designer, Scott Lowther. I’ve built a few and found them pretty straightforward to build as long as you’re used to the usual quirks of resin modelling. I prefer resin as a medium myself plus the subject matter is varied and interesting.

Thank you @general melchett. I have never built a resin kit before, but with few parts making assembly straightforward, I may give it a try. Any recommendations for someone's first resin kit of this kind?

Thanks my friend,

James

No problem James, depends entirely on what you fancy doing, the Fantastic Plastic Arnold Clark only has 5 pieces! 

Fantastic Plastic Models

(Bear in mind it’s a US site so shipping will make these fairly expensive). 

If you can find them, Testor’s Roswell UFO and Area 51 styrene kits and the Atlantis Adamski saucers are good fun builds.

I’m away on holiday at the moment but will look for you when I get back at the weekend.

Melchie