Luft '46 GB? Now at 24!

81-er

Lots of us have an interest in all those madcap creations that the Germans were working on at the end of WW2, so how about a GB dedicated to them? As far as I see it, the rules on eligibility should be pretty straightforward:

Any aircraft under active development that didn’t achieve operational status before May 1945, or that would have achieved it in late 1944 onwards for cancelled projects.

Bring on your Amerika Bombers, emergency fighters, way-out-there ideas etc. If you need some inspiration, it’s a pretty safe bet to say anything on http://www.luft46.com/ will be eligible. I’m also willing to accept proposed variants as well, so an Ar-234 P or D model would be eligible, but the B & C models that saw active service wouldn’t. If in doubt, ask!

James

1 (Host) @81-er

2 (Co-Host) @JOCKNEY

3. @Corsairfoxfouruncle

4. @Marklo

5. @Evil_Toast_RSA

6. @Mottlemaster

7. @trickyrich

8. @Mike

9. @Alan P

10. @Adam Poultney

11. @TimJ

12. @Hockeyboy76

13. @Christer A

14. @trickyrich

15. @Silenoz

16. @Dermo245

17. @Arniec

18. @48-Alone-Is-Great

19. @Ralph

20. @Thom216

21 @Mig Eater

22. @jackroadkill

23. @SafetyDad

24. @Retired Bob

25???

• Like 3

Well Im in not sure what with yet, probably a Heinkel 279/280. I wish you luck as this has been tried before, you might get more interest if it was expanded to cover allied and other axis nations ? 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235050008-heinkel-he279-spirale-mx4857-148/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heinkel_He_280

Theyre basically the same airframe but the 279 was either a test to see if the airframe was A. feasible or an B. an alternative pending Jet engine construction ? 

Oh @JOCKNEY Pat this ones for you if memory serves you tried this before ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Oh @JOCKNEY Pat this ones for you if memory serves you tried this before ? 

Thanks Dennis

Hi James

Please add me to the list, lots of candidates in the stash, something nice and simple from Unicraft no doubt :wink:

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

I'm always up for this, can't remember how many times we've tried to get this or a WhatIf GB up!!!

Pity it isn't a WhatIf build, I still have that He-477Z I've been threatening to build floating around! :D

• Like 1

Excellent! Good to have you all on board folks!

23 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Well Im in not sure what with yet, probably a Heinkel 279/280. I wish you luck as this has been tried before, you might get more interest if it was expanded to cover allied and other axis nations ? 

Both good choices there, Dennis. Funnily enough, I did consider making it an "air war 46" proposal, but I don't actually know that much about all of the allied stuff that was canned post-WW2, or just assumed it came into service anyway?

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I'm always up for this, can't remember how many times we've tried to get this or a WhatIf GB up!!!

Pity it isn't a WhatIf build, I still have that He-477Z I've been threatening to build floating around! :D

Well, if you can dig anything up that says they'd proposed it...

James

• Like 1

I can't guarantee I won't disappear nearer the time, but I have a fair number of choices for this, so pencil me in and please accept my apologies in advance if I flake :unsure:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

I'm sure the He-477Z was designed to tow the Me-421 twin fuselage glider :wink:

Still looking for a co-host ?

I am, so you'd be more than welcome to fill that post ;)

1 minute ago, Mike said:

I can't guarantee I won't disappear nearer the time, but I have a fair number of choices for this, so pencil me in and please accept my apologies in advance if I flake :unsure:

No problem at all Mike, life happens. I'll add you to the list in the hopes that life is kind to you if this makes the cut :)

James

• 81-er changed the title to Luft '46 GB? (now at 8)
1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

When I get home I'll post some pictures of suitable subjects from the stash.

Come on ladies and gents we need 30 volunteers,  I taking names :fight:

I was thinking of also the 109H and the late proto 190’s with the 18 cylinder’s but could always use more info. 

• Like 2

• 81-er changed the title to Luft '46 GB? (now at 9)
  • 81-er changed the title to Luft '46 GB? (now at 10!)
  • 81-er changed the title to Luft '46 GB? (now at 11!)
  • 2 weeks later...