Hasegawa 1/24 VW pick-up FINISHED

JeroenS

11 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Can I suggest that you post your photos to this thread as inspiration.   While your model is not in full entropy mode, it is certainly demonstrating how entropy takes hold.

Enzo, can I suggest that you put your name down in the Entropy GB (if your GB coordinator terms of reference allow that). It's obviously in your mind. 😁

10 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Fantastic work all round the fact that it's been done on this timescale makes it all the more amazing!

Thanks Steve! You know, getting a shiny finish takes a lot (and I mean a lot) more time so this is in fact perfect for Blitzing.  

Time for the finishing touches. Lights first, then final weathering of VW and cargo. 

20220502162718-a13e326c-me.jpg

• Like 4

OK, we're all done! I haven't tracked time but it's way under 24 hours. I enjoyed this build very much. I've now built 3 VW T1 vans lately, and progressed from super shiny (camper) via faded (panel van) to almost derelict with this build 🙂 

This afternoon I remembered I had KFS ratchet straps somewhere. I dug them out and made one. 

20220502200817-98d8bfce-me.jpg

It works too... well not the actual ratchet but it does move. Pretty cool. 

Looks pretty cool on the pick-up too! No points for safety though 🙂 

20220502200817-ed302da2-me.jpg

More pics in the gallery, thanks for following along!

• Like 10

• JeroenS changed the title to Hasegawa 1/24 VW pick-up FINISHED

I'm still amazed at the level you can build in such a short time...even though you do it time and again.  Aside from the cracking finish and accessories...the one little detail that grabbed my attention immediately was the beautifully sun-faded tail lights.  

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

I'm still amazed at the level you can build in such a short time...even though you do it time and again.  

Thanks Chris!

1 hour ago, helios16v said:

the one little detail that grabbed my attention immediately was the beautifully sun-faded tail lights.  

That was accidental 🙂