Dornier Do17 Z10 Nachtjager

Walter

Here's my entry the Dornier Do17 Z10, its not going to look very different to my Z7 so I'm considering doing some extreme weathering to it as a plane that lasted longer than it should have. It will give me an opportunity to experiment and develop my painting techniques. This model will be the 2nd to last example of the Dornier Night Fighters in my collection. 

20220426-084341.jpg

Edited by Walter
  • Like 6

Started to build a few more sub assemblies for the undercarriage and engine then discovered that I'm missing a firewall, so I decided to fabricate it by copying the one I had. I also painted up as many bullet canisters I had as these aren't included in the the instructions but looking at original photos shows they we mounted all over the cabin.

20220430-140919.jpg

Edited by Walter
  • Like 7

• Walter changed the title to Dornier Do17 Z10 Nachtjager
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2022 at 17:40, vppelt68 said:

Same plastics, but the build looks so much better than mine :hmmm:. Well done, Walter! V-P

Thanks VP I wouldn't say that, I've been following your build and it looks fine to me. 

Edited by Walter

There's going to be much weathering and wear on the paint. Next will be an undercoat of a blue black then the final black coat at least that's the plan see how it goes.

• Like 2