Boots 'N Boost - A Girl and Her FD (1/24 Aoshima/Hasegawa)

helios16v

I've been wanting to try messing about with a figure for a while now, so figured I'd have some fun with this.  If all goes well I'll have a little curbside scene in the end.  This one is actually my second choice, but with the F-4 still under construction (along with a couple others) I wanted something a bit simpler to tackle...especially as I'm currently working 6-7 days a week and will be for a few more weeks yet.

Anywho, onto the kits to be butchered for this build.

52028312992_90cdb9a3b9_c.jpg

• Like 12

15 hours ago, CliffB said:

Is this the first time we've had a Wankel in a Group Build?

probably!

..and finally my Co-host has shown up, you took your time, though I know you couldn't make up you mind what to build.

This is a cool choice, that's a nice look model and models! :rofl2: 

They should make a great diorama, are you going to stay with the white of go for something a bit brighter? I see that the pattern top and skirt are provided as decals, that should make life a lot easier!

All good luck with this one, it should keep you busy...if not you're going to have to build the bike! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, CliffB said:

Is this the first time we've had a Wankel in a Group Build?

It’s the first one in this GB I believe.  I’d be surprised if one has never been built in a GB before...the FD in particular is such a beautiful car.  I almost drug out the FC (used to have a T2)...but the body lines on the FD won out.

22 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

They should make a great diorama, are you going to stay with the white of go for something a bit brighter? I see that the pattern top and skirt are provided as decals, that should make life a lot easier!

All good luck with this one, it should keep you busy...if not you're going to have to build the bike! :D

Thinking Mango.  Along with some wheels, ride height reduction, and some exhaust work.  :wicked:

As far as clothing...I’ve not decided what I’m going to do yet.  Probably just going to go solid colors to not overly complicate things.

And the bike isn’t completely off the cards...depends on how these and the Kai get along.  And that pesky time sink known as work...  If things get wrapped up on those projects and there is still time left I may take a punt.

• Like 2

Not much progress to show at this point.  But I did have a few minutes to get some putty on the hood to fill in some minor recesses where it's designed to be cut out for other variants.  Have also done some minor seam clean up.  I've got a couple days of this weekend, so I'm looking to get some primer on this to see where else I need to clean up and get ready for paint.

• Like 2

Doing a bit of mockup to see if I need to modify the suspension to get the wheel gap where I want it.  Ended up with some small shims on top of the front wheel arches to raise the body about a mm.  I'm pretty happy with this, so I think I can move on to primer and final prep for paint.

52057846488_0c76fe026c_c.jpg

• Like 11

Got some sub-assemblies put together and a bunch of parts primed.  Also did a final mock up to make sure I was going to like the black center wheels.  Hopefully be shooting the mango later this week so the paint can have some time to cure.

52063165798_f1c589748b_c.jpg

52063147726_e281b8aeeb_c.jpg

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I didn't know Barbie was from Japan !

Where's Ken when you need him ?

I da ken Pat :shrug:

• Haha 3

Been picking away on the undercarriage a bit.  Finalization of the exhaust mods will have to come at the tail end after everything is pretty much assembled so I can tuck to tail pipes up fairly tight to the body.

52122252026_491f84fc96_c.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Been picking away on the undercarriage a bit.  Finalization of the exhaust mods will have to come at the tail end after everything is pretty much assembled so I can tuck to tail pipes up fairly tight to the body.

52122252026_491f84fc96_c.jpg

I'm so glad the wording of this update relates to the car and not the girl :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 6/4/2022 at 5:18 PM, Col. said:

I'm so glad the wording of this update relates to the car and not the girl :blush:

Though with a little extra putty and sculpting...🤔

'That's a big exhaust!' she said.

• Haha 1

You do know the exhaust is too small, it needs to be about 10x the size, and the wheels need to have 45° on them, plus don't forget the over sized wing!  :D

On 6/5/2022 at 7:18 AM, Col. said:

That sounds like a typical mod to a Kardashian modification!! 🤣 

• Haha 3

Don't worry, the tips are getting cut down.  :P  I left them long for the initial fitting so I could size them to the body (hence the black marks).

Though I did have a brief thought of going bosozoku on it...but it's to nice of a car to butcher like that.  I got a nice enough finish on the clear I may not even micromesh it down.  We'll see.  There is always room for improvement.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been crazy busy with work again lately, then off on holidays for the past week or so.  But I'm back for a bit now.  More progress.  I'm hoping to have the RX ready for the club meeting tomorrow...if I can finish w/o cutting any major corners.  We'll see.  :D

Chassis is pretty much complete at this point.  All that is left is interior (most of it is painted, just need to touch up a couple things & assemble) then all the exterior trim.  The details on the exterior is where I'm afraid I might get bogged down, as it will probably be slow going so I don't get too fat fingered w/ the paint brush.

52186612536_147e20042f_c.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
On 8/7/2022 at 1:38 AM, trickyrich said:

:fight:  ....and why haven't you finished this?????

Work and summer in general.  :wacko:  It's so close too.  Just have some trim bits left on the car.  Will hopefully get it finished up in the next couple weeks if I can find some time.  Need to get a couple things off the bench so I can start on the XL for the club build.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...