Bristol Beaufighter Mk X, 22 Squadron RAF, Burma, late 1944

1 hour ago, sohoppy said:

Really excellent model. Do you suppose the thimble nose contained a radar? They did in the nightfighter version.

Thanks very much, Yeah, the nose contained anti-shipping radar in this case. I was surprised that it was painted in the brown and green camo` and not the dark sea grey and slate grey scheme but I couldn`t find any evidence to the contrary.

Cheers Russ

Absolutely stunning. Another beautiful finish. Imagine sailing off the coast of Burma in 1944 in your Japanese-flagged fishing trawler and this bad boy drops from the sky! 

Edited by 28ZComeback
  • Thanks 1

I like the staging of your model, you have to look twice. Among other things, I like that it is a newer Airfix model and that you have built something very nice out of it. I particularly like this paint finish. Well done.

• Thanks 1

On 4/30/2022 at 12:53 PM, Jabo31 said:

I like the staging of your model, you have to look twice. Among other things, I like that it is a newer Airfix model and that you have built something very nice out of it. I particularly like this paint finish. Well done.

Thanks Jabo, 

Actually it`s the 1/48 Tamiya one, (I did say at the beginning of the post)   really glad you like it though 🙂 

Cheers Russ

Wow Russ, I love this!  I'm not normally a fan of thimble nosed Beaufighters, but this looks wonderful!  I've never seen one in a SEA scheme before -- it suits it nicely.  The finish is well done and I love the backdrop you chose.  Very appropriate. 

• Thanks 1

Superb job Russ, wonderful looking Beaufighter.:like:.

My parents used to live in a small village in Norfolk called Cockthorpe situated next to/on what used to be RAF Langham. during the later part of the war this type (thimble nosed) was stationed there. Once while visiting, my dad showed me a gun barrell that had been unearthed by farm machinery later identified as a Beaufighter barrel. The airfield is still there with the distinctive gunnery dome now open as a tourist attraction. Worth a look if your ever up that way.

https://langhamdome.org/

Pete

• Thanks 1