Honda NSR 500 1986 (Tamiya 1/12)

Hi!

I want to show my latest bike build. It is the Honda NSR 500 in the Rothmans livery, as ridden by Wayne Gardner in 1986.

The kit is from Tamiya, with aftermarket decals by Studio27 and muffler springs by Top Studio.

It was also a nostalgia build, since this was my first bike model back as teenager in 1988.

The WIP is here:

Honda_NSR_29.jpg

Honda_NSR_30.jpg

Honda_NSR_31.jpg

Honda_NSR_32.jpg

Honda_NSR_33.jpg

Honda_NSR_34.jpg

Honda_NSR_35.jpg

Honda_NSR_36.jpg

Honda_NSR_37.jpg

Honda_NSR_38.jpg

Honda_NSR_39.jpg

Honda_NSR_40.jpg

And here are a few pictures without the cowling:

Honda_NSR_19.jpg

Honda_NSR_20.jpg

Honda_NSR_21.jpg

Honda_NSR_23.jpg

Cheers,

Markus

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Great work. 👍

Especially good that you seem to have avoided any bleed through on the yellow number boards. I was scared of painting too short so decided to err on the side of caution and go a little over my estimated measurements - resulting in small darker patches at the end of the boards. Kudos to you for getting that right! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, slippers said:

Great work. 👍

Especially good that you seem to have avoided any bleed through on the yellow number boards. I was scared of painting too short so decided to err on the side of caution and go a little over my estimated measurements - resulting in small darker patches at the end of the boards. Kudos to you for getting that right! 

Thanks.

I thought about painting the number boards, but in the end I applied the decals, after painting the white and blue. I then clearcoated everything with a thin layer and made careful touch ups with paint, where the decals had cracked or where the underyling colour shone through. It was delicate work, bot it paid off.

Here is a picture after the decaling, before the touch ups:

Honda_NSR_06.jpg

Cheers,

Markus

• Like 3