Italeri C-119 Flying Boxcar in Indian Air Force 1/72

On 4/26/2022 at 8:47 AM, HOUSTON said:

Sir 

Your C-119 Is STUNNING  and  magnificent  .

You have built one if the best looking C-119   I have seen or cone across.

Beautiful  job.

thank you.

:heart:

:wub:

Its AWESOME  to see an Indian Aircraft.

KUDOS. 

:worthy:

That old photograph , is that in Pune (sering the mountains in the background) as MY late Father was based there.  Thank you.

Thank you Sir, Firstly sorry for late reply I try not to miss replies but somehow missed this one. Thank you so very much and really appreciate the kind words and thank you from the bottom my heart and really cheers me up.  The old picture is from Ladakh, wow, yr dad was in the IAF?

On 5/1/2022 at 12:10 AM, cpoud117 said:

Spectacular build! Very well done!

Thank you Mate, really appreciate the kind words, cheers

Tom,

GREAT Job !......So nice to see the classic C-119 in a different colour scheme.........The USAF, Armee de l'Air and Italian AF aircraft are OK but I have not seen one done in Indian colours before which is strange given the big part it played in Indian Air Force operations over an extended period including at least two conflicts.

Well Done, Sir !

• Thanks 1

I'm just seeing this now, and I agree with others' comments that this is an outstanding job, especially given the work you needed to do to make the bare metal finish glow.  I have built this kit a couple times, and it's not a straightforward build, despite the good fit.  It's also very big, and that photograph with people standing near the aircraft demonstrates its scale.  It may not be quite as large as a C-130, but it is certainly bulky and has a "presence."  

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2022 at 6:53 PM, cardiff guy said:

very nice work, well done.

Thanks Mate, cheers

On 8/10/2022 at 11:12 PM, Tiger331 said:

Tom,

GREAT Job !......So nice to see the classic C-119 in a different colour scheme.........The USAF, Armee de l'Air and Italian AF aircraft are OK but I have not seen one done in Indian colours before which is strange given the big part it played in Indian Air Force operations over an extended period including at least two conflicts.

Well Done, Sir !

Thanks Mate, I think India was one of the largest operator of C-119 about 80 aircraft that is quite a lot yet there aren't many in Indian colors. I did like to build a An-12 as these two aircraft were the transport work horse in early days and An-12 in Indian subject also very rare yet it has so many nice schemes especially ad hoc of 1971 war painting.
Thank you once again, cheers

9 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

I'm just seeing this now, and I agree with others' comments that this is an outstanding job, especially given the work you needed to do to make the bare metal finish glow.  I have built this kit a couple times, and it's not a straightforward build, despite the good fit.  It's also very big, and that photograph with people standing near the aircraft demonstrates its scale.  It may not be quite as large as a C-130, but it is certainly bulky and has a "presence."  

Thanks Mate, Indeed she is HUGE, when I was building he, the work bench would be fully occupied by so have to make part by part then assembled all together, I have one more and thinking of building as camo version or another colorful one. Thank you once again, reall appreciate the kind words, cheers

If you hadn't put the Herky next to it, I wouldn't have known that the C-119 was that big. That's a really colourful Indian Boxcar you have there and honestly, I would like to have one in my collection too. Btw just how many Boxcars were in the IAF? 

Hi Tom, not sure how I missed this but pleased you missed some replies & brought it back to the top, this has long been a favourite aircraft of mine, though seeing how big it is in 1/72, I think my 1/144 decision is very wise. They were quite the work horse these & very much earned their place in a collection, This one looks superb. :)

Steve.