Special Hobby. SB2U-3 Vought Vindicator "Marines go to War" 1/72.

This is one of my more recent ones, completed late last year, I enjoyed assembling this even though it wasn't very straightforward, again the interior was a bit tricky and the gun ring in the rear fuselage was too large, I replaced it with a slightly smaller one so it would fit into the space in the fuselage! The bomb carrier was troublesome as the bomb itself came as 6 parts and was rather tricky to make, in the end it was too big for either of the release arms, it just would not fit the bomb when it was on the centre pylon and the racks, it seemed like none of it was compatible with either parts so I found a smaller bomb and it worked just fine. Painted with Colourcoats Blue Grey (or Grey Blue) and with Colourcoats Light Gull Grey undersides.

I love the colourcoats paint, always goes in very nicely and looks great every time!

The decals around the waist were going to be bothersome, I took careful measurements and ended up just painting the area white with a couple of coats and then using the 1mm wide masking tape cut to size on the model; seems to have worked out very nicely!😎

I was very pleased with this one; I might make a modeller yet!😂💣

This one, 'No. 6',  BuNo. 2045 was based at Midway Island, with VMSB-241, 4th June 1942;  Vindicators of VMSB-241 attacked the Japanese battleship 'Haruna' but aircraft No. 6 with its pilot 2nd Lt. J. H. Marinade and gunner E. Colvin, failed to return.

Enjoy!

28601-CB8-199-F-4-C4-D-9-F3-D-1-BBF7-CB4

7-C2737-F4-9337-415-E-AA93-E434-BCDB4-B4

841-EB61-E-F808-4744-9385-704-BB835-F315

9-B1-ABC76-E77-C-4395-A3-EE-D0-A55636-A8

C27-AEF17-D88-E-4721-B8-AE-C398756-F4943

CEBAED0-F-CF58-4-F4-F-871-C-C01-BB9-CAB3

D4-F7-DD56-EDC6-4-CB6-A384-121-A7983295-

• Like 17

Thank you kindly Wulfman!🙂

I don't have many more prebuilt left to show now, there is one more Navy aircraft and two more USAAF models left to put on the forum; I haven't been idle while I was away! This one along with the Brewster Buccaneer were my last two I think, before I switched to thinning my paint, I like the Ltd ed' kits and have only one more left by Special Hobby, its a Vengeance and I haven't built it yet, maybe after I've done all my B-25's!😉 

Thanks again.👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That is a stunning job on this old girl Mark, one that any modeller would be proud of. 👍

Steve.

Thanks Steve.😎 I am very pleased with it myself!😃

50 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Very sharp workmanship. Nice one.

Thank you Bertie! That means very much to me!

Got two more Navy and two more USAAF and I will have shown every model I've made since starting and quite a few while I was 'away'.

I have a very nice surprise in a day or so when the B-25G is complete; just got little touches to do, matt-coat it and do some effects on top of the matt-coat! You guys are gonna LUUUUUUURVE it! (I do).

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Markh-75 said:

Thank you Bertie! That means very much to me!

Got two more Navy and two more USAAF and I will have shown every model I've made since starting and quite a few while I was 'away'.

I have a very nice surprise in a day or so when the B-25G is complete; just got little touches to do, matt-coat it and do some effects on top of the matt-coat! You guys are gonna LUUUUUUURVE it! (I do).

I like your enthusiasm!

• Like 1

I love making models!  Just LOVE it! I dont always feel like doing it, but I still love the hobby; I'm getting used to taking my time alot more now; its not really 'curbing my enthusiasm' its more that I'm not always able to do much at the table, might be busy in the house, garden or not feeling great. I also started thinning my paint in January so I give a model 24hrs between coats this has helped me learn a bit of patience too. I love when I complete one, everything that can be done, IS done and I can show it off a bit, I'm really proud of the B-25G, you'll see why in a day or so!😉

10 minutes ago, russ c said:

Really nice build of a tricky kit there Mark, great job

Thank you Russ,😀 It was tricky; in more ways that any other but I persevered with it; when it became too much I put it down and came back in the morning! The bomb and rack were quite frustrating. The clear parts weren't quite like the Buccaneer I made, but not far off it; I love the Colourcoats paint; I was made aware of it about a year and a half ago and bought some out of curiosity to try it; loved it! Goes on very nicely, and looks great! I now thin my paint and it goes on even bettererer! I like giving myself challenges, adding more detail where I can and sometimes it happens completely by accident! I've learned that adding a tiny bit more thinners to paint, gives it a nice weathered look! I give it 24 hrs between coats and when finished painting I seal it all.

This model was before I started thinning the paint, but the colourcoats looks just great!😎

Thank you Russ.😀