1/72 Dassault Mirage 50DCM Pantera

My latest completion is the 1/72 High Planes Models Dassault Mirage 50DCM Pantera, this fought me all the way and is probably best viewed from about 6 feet away, I just wanted to get it finished

in the end, decals from the kit and finished with MRP Paints.

52025027627_09a1c0d151_5k.jpgIMGP9218 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

52026067706_6d7117420d_6k.jpgIMGP9220 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

52026581640_bdfe1b6aac_5k.jpgIMGP9228 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

52025027457_c4c1f05c38_6k.jpgIMGP9232 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

52026315234_e1050c407b_6k.jpgIMGP9235 by Phillip Wilmshurst, on Flickr

• Like 37

Looks very nice, I would to build this one myself, but can't get the kit locally.😔

I'm curious though, what was the complications during the build, beyond the obvious of it being a High Planes Kit?😂

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 3:15 PM, drake122 said:

Looks very nice, I would to build this one myself, but can't get the kit locally.😔

I'm curious though, what was the complications during the build, beyond the obvious of it being a High Planes Kit?😂

Normally these HPM kits go together fairly well but the resin extras with this one were quite poor fitting and the canopy really did not want to fit, wont stop doing another though.

Looks good to me! What was the problem with the MRP paints? I asked a question recently about ready-for-airbrush paints and they were recommended more than once so I'm going to give them a try, so interested to hear your experience?

• Like 1

I know what you mean about a model fighting you all the way and just wanting to get it finished. Your model is, nevertheless, quite impressive. Nice work!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kiseca said:

Looks good to me! What was the problem with the MRP paints? I asked a question recently about ready-for-airbrush paints and they were recommended more than once so I'm going to give them a try, so interested to hear your experience?

I had no problems with the MRP Paints in fact I would recommend them wholeheartedly, lovely smooth finish and I didn't need to thin them at all.

12 hours ago, dolphin38 said:

I had no problems with the MRP Paints in fact I would recommend them wholeheartedly, lovely smooth finish and I didn't need to thin them at all.

Hah, I misread your post, sorry! I read it as you were finished with MRP paints, what you meant was you finished the model with them! Oops😂

• Like 1