My first post in the figure section

Just finished my second attempts at figures, not my natural area and so would appreciate any feedback and or pointers, still very much having problems with eyes so that's one area I would like some help with, these two will be on a display with my Tiger 1 of the 502nd in the Lake Ladoga region of Russia during 1942-3 

spacer.png 

spacer.png

Both are 1/35 scale and produced by Panzerart. Both base coated with MIG Acrylics and then uniforms and faces done with oils.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 3

The winter scene isn't finished yet and still have to make the description dog tags for each base but I think they make a nice set so far

spacer.png

And the sudden realization that both sets of figures from different companies and both depicting exactly the same posses.....one hands in pockets the other smoking a pipe.............:blink:

• Like 12

I have to congratulate on some fine work ,you certainly have a talent for figure painting. 

Hope to see more of your work ,well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Homer said:

I have to congratulate on some fine work ,you certainly have a talent for figure painting. 

Hope to see more of your work ,well done. 

Must say Homer that I'm enjoying it very much, some of the smaller details still need to be improved but if I'm honest that's more to do with a shaky hand than not knowing what to do :rofl:Thank you for the kind words.

11 hours ago, Pete Robin said:

Am glad that I don't model any longer. If that's your second shot at figures WOW!

I tried for fifty odd years and got nowhere near that level. Superbly done.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete and thanks for the compliment, the first set I did is on the base with Tiger 213.....they are the figures (Evolution miniatures) that spurred me into trying the second attempt, the first ones are in summer uniforms which are very much easier to paint (no markings or badges), the second attempt was a little more challenging with there black tunics and winter trousers essentially meant try to highlight and lowlight a black and white figure, something I had no idea how to tackle, but I got there in the end...have since ordered some new figures for future projects hopefully they will work just as well. 

23 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Oh yes it is!

Why thank you Bertie :D

13 hours ago, Matt P said:

Superb figures 👍. Well done and can't wait to see the finished diorama in the dio section.

Thanks Matt

• 1 month later...

Nice work indeed.I agree eyes are a difficult thing to master.It's taken me a long time just to learn how to put two dots in the right place.Now that i'm getting better at that,they are starting not to look good enough to me and i want to paint semi circles like the pros do.Damn this hobby!!!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Very nice work, and I love the 5 o'clock shadow. If you're after a technique for the eyes I do them first. Off white eyeballs with a simple vertical line down the centre. Then I paint the flesh taking care around the recessed eye detail but covering my over fill from when I did the eyes.

• Thanks 1

They're both superb looking figures. Eyes are probably the hardest thing to get right. Get it wrong and they can end up looking like Kenneth Williams after he's sat on something sharp. One road to go down is to use the Archer Decals set of eyeballs. I've used them and they are very good (IMHO).

John.

• Thanks 1

Those are very impressive, especially in such a small scale - it’s so easy for small figures to turn out cartoon-like when certain features are over- emphasised, but you’ve got these just right. Amazing that it’s just your 2nd attempt, I would think that even experienced figure painters would be pleased with these.

your tanks have turned out pretty good as well! 😄

• Thanks 1