IA-85 Pucará - Kinetic 1/48

I am ahrd pressed with all the current GBs going on.... my baglog gets bigger and bigger... ;)

still I wanna participate here..... :)

why not with a Argentine Pucará, an indegenous close ari support plane (maybe a mini A-10?)

at least it could operate directly from the Falklands (or Malvinas as the Argeninians call the islands) 

here we go:

XmKba9I.jpg

nice box art, I guess something like this mine should look like as well then.,.

a bit of heavyweight literature:

f0xAxlQ.jpg

currently I am stuck with the kit decals, not necessarily a bad sign at all! also no other AM present at the moment! :D

V5Rc5sm.jpg

will this speed up the build?

Am I  missing somehting important? I have not read up this kit as of yet.... not did I educate myself on loadout, missions, camuflages etc...

I know this plane (A-511) was shot down by a Sea Harrier......

• Like 8

I have been waiting for one of these so I can see how bad it is before I decide to buy one anyway. 

I have loved the look of this plane since I bought a 1/72 special hobby kit many years ago as my "reentry to the hobby" build. That was a bad idea as it was extremely difficult for an unseasoned modeler. It never got built but now this exists in my favoured scale I need to do my penance and build it. 

11 minutes ago, arfa1983 said:

I have been waiting for one of these so I can see how bad it is before I decide to buy one anyway. 

:D

it is rumored to be rather good!

Stay tuned

• Like 1

13 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

I have loved the look of this plane since I bought a 1/72 special hobby kit many years ago as my "reentry to the hobby" build. That was a bad idea as it was extremely difficult for an unseasoned modeler. It never got built but now this exists in my favoured scale I need to do my penance and build it. 

I believe that Mike (Root Editor) has already started a build review of this kit as well

Pappy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pappy said:

I believe that Mike (Root Editor) has already started a build review of this kit as well

Pappy

As I last recall it was less than 25% complete when I last saw it :whistle:

Edit: actually I just went and looked at it. It's a little more. But who's going to tell him he isn't allowed to finish it here! 

Edited by arfa1983
  • Haha 1