190 D-9 Camo help

Hello.

Im just curious as to how exactly the late war 190 D-9 Camo appeared on the top of the wing surfaces, was the camouflage a 'soft' or 'hard' edge scheme, as in the Eduard instructions it clearly shows it as a hard edge but I'm not certain as I cant find any clear Reference images so I'm hoping someone who is more knowledgeable on the subject can lend some assistance.

regards 

IMG-1548.jpg

IMG-1549.jpg

Every photo I can recall seeing, and in the last 5min of running through my saved images shows a fairly tight but soft edge to the wing camo.  For what it’s worth, that’s how I paint mine, too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krow113 said:

I was sure it was a hard edge.

final7.jpg

3 hours ago, mark.au said:

Every photo I can recall seeing, and in the last 5min of running through my saved images shows a fairly tight but soft edge to the wing camo.  For what it’s worth, that’s how I paint mine, too.

Late war Luftwaffe modelling in two posts…. 😂

That looks very nice @krow113

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

To be considered.

These late war D 9's had manufacturers all over Germany , thats why you see the multicolor , un matched and spotty camo patterns.

One manufacturer doing the wing assy's would have NO clue as to which fuse the wings were being attached to. Also paint supply was running low as well.

lol

final15.jpg

Trumpy's 1/24 offering.

Edited by krow113
  • Like 2