2 Days at the Mach Loop...Whoohoo!

wallyinoz

Spent a couple of days in Wales, CAD East and West, traffic came through both days, weather was showers and mist at the CAD West Tuesday afternoon and CAVOK on the Wednesday, herewith a selection of shots there are lots more in the photostream. One of these is going on the office wall as a large print but I just cant chose!
52020590735_1c91eff341_h.jpg
52020119118_9673d4ea63_h.jpg
52020596795_c0911d8f6c_h.jpg
52020123698_fd3d518b8c_h.jpg
52020333979_35a6a6f028_h.jpg
52020607100_5d6aafb968_h.jpg

Photostream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/87490663@N08/with/52020607100/

• Like 36
  • Thanks 6

You lucky chap! Great shots - hard to pick a favourite!

PS. I've just revisited your pictures and have decided that my favourite is the C-130 pulling a hard right turn into the valley (or is the the Strike Eagle left to right topside with "fluff" starting to form on the wings....)

Edited by Alpha Delta 210
Trying to pick a favourite!

My gosh you do beautiful work! I'm hoping to see shots of Lakenheath F-35s in the not too distant future. I'm sure they'll be marvelous!

Nice. That place is on my to-visit list. As to wall shots, the 3rd one, F-15 against the hillside is the shot for me. It's frontal, it's dynamic, you've caught a wingtip vortex and the low pressure fog over the wings, it's got it all (and I'm not even really an Eagle fan...) 

• Like 3

What a great selection!  You were lucky with the variety of aircraft and favourable weather. All shots are fabulous but my favorite is the Herc head on.

Mark

@wallyinoz - excellent set, I think the head on shot of the MC-130J is a contender for your office wall.

If I am allowed to share a link to another site within your thread:

18 hours ago, SAT69 said:

My gosh you do beautiful work! I'm hoping to see shots of Lakenheath F-35s in the not too distant future. I'm sure they'll be marvellous!

@SAT69 "Marvellous" may be an understatement: Link to Fighter Control - not only shiny new F-35s but some of the last flights of the 493rd FS F-15C Eagles from Lakenheath and the 4th FW's F-15Es before they returned to CONUS all enjoying the scenery in the Lake District.

Very nice indeed Sir.

One often goes out into the Loop with son and heir(it's about an hour and a half drive).

A scanner is very handy but not a necessity(there's always a fellow spotter that has one),most fly throughs do indeed put a general

call out that they're about to enter the Loop and from which direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Britman said:

I am in Machi for two weeks right now, working on a strategy.

Keith

ooh what's the strategy ? I am thinking of going again as a 70th birthday  treat

On 5/15/2022 at 1:56 PM, wallyinoz said:

ooh what's the strategy ? I am thinking of going again as a 70th birthday  treat

Strategy, wrong word! I and my wife plus dogs are renting a cottage on the southern sid of the loop from a hillside. It was a bit of a punt but we thought some aircraft would pass our way without me having to go hiking. Sure enough at about ten this morning a brace of Texans went by guest below us and about a quarter mile distant. My surprise and rusty panning skills got the better of the situation but I got something to work with. I shall take myself off to the odd vantage point and see what comes of it.

Keith