Canadian Air Force 1/72 CF-18 Up to date Decals

billyharry2000

Unfortunately, the only decal mfgr I'm aware of that currently does the current RCAF/ARC markings is Belcher Bits & the one sheet he's done with these markings are sized for a 1/72 Hercules.  I'd love to see a generic 72nd sheet of various sized RCAF/ARC markings in not only black, but the different greys used for the contrasting markings, but until then I can only suggest that if you have the ability to download the RCAF fonts from here and along with some software like MS Paint to match the greys .... make your own with an inkjet, go that route.

Scott

Edited by Scott Hemsley

If you can find 1/72 CF-18 Canada RCAF "CF-18 Canada Combat Hornets” this sheet has the 2020 updates in it, but good luck finding one.

Occasionally David Koss (LEM) sells an out of production sheet under the handle darkcloud on eBay. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 10:39 AM, MrB17 said:

Also might check tupelov98 on ebay (not cheap) or ultracast (likely the same person). Dave Koss is darkcloud.403 now 

Jeff

Tupolev98 is out of Etobicoke whereas Ultracast is a business in Guelph

Your assertions are invalid

Tony

1 hour ago, Tony Edmundson said:

Tupolev98 is out of Etobicoke whereas Ultracast is a business in Guelph

Your assertions are invalid

Duly noted.

I’ll just stick to B-17’s

Jeff

On 03/05/2022 at 10:50, billyharry2000 said:

Thank you Robin will give those a try.

Kind Regards

Just a small heads up on these decals from Abovebelow. This statement that I will post below is from his own FAQ page on his website regarding the printing process. Because the CF-18 markings you’re looking for are low-visibility marking they may come out somewhat grainy. It’s nice that he puts this on his website to make his buyers aware of this. 

From his FAQ page:

“Unless it is true black-or-white, all colours produced are a combination of the primary CMYK. In any digital printing technology the approximation of colours occasionally results in a phenomenon known as ‘dithering’. This means that reproduction of some colours may have a grainy colour appearance. While modern professional grade high-definition printers have made this phenomenon less prevalent, it still can be seen to some extent on some ‘low-visibility’ markings.

Edited by cf18hornet