Looking for the MB Mk9 seat in 1/48

Graham T

1 hour ago, Graham T said:

Trying in vain to find this seat in 1/48 scale to suit my Kinetic Harrier GR1.  Anyone know a source?  Tried CMK & Wolfpack.

Don't use the Neomega seat! This has the configuration and headbox that was only used on the late Jaguar, and is totally inappropriate for the Harrier GR1 or GR3.  Speaking as someone who personally worked on harrier GR1/3 seats, the best and most accurate Harrier GR1 Mk 9 seat you can get comes in the Kinetic kit!

The main problem with the kit item  is the long seat strap system which were never ever used on GR1 and the  GR3 up to 1981/82, when the Mk 9 seat was retrofitted with these straps. I have a image clearly showing the GR1 strap system if you want it. just let me know.

Selwyn

22 hours ago, Selwyn said:

Don't use the Neomega seat! This has the configuration and headbox that was only used on the late Jaguar, and is totally inappropriate for the Harrier GR1 or GR3.  Speaking as someone who personally worked on harrier GR1/3 seats, the best and most accurate Harrier GR1 Mk 9 seat you can get comes in the Kinetic kit!

The main problem with the kit item  is the long seat strap system which were never ever used on GR1 and the  GR3 up to 1981/82, when the Mk 9 seat was retrofitted with these straps. I have a image clearly showing the GR1 strap system if you want it. just let me know.

Selwyn

Thanks Mate.  Sadly my scratch building skills suck big time so I guess I'll just have to live with the kit seat.  But at least I can stop looking for a replacement!

On 4/21/2022 at 9:36 PM, Selwyn said:

Don't use the Neomega seat! This has the configuration and headbox that was only used on the late Jaguar, and is totally inappropriate for the Harrier GR1 or GR3. 

So you say those are wrong?

https://www.neomega-resin.com/mkix-d-148th-555-p.asp

They are dedicated to the Gr.3 and T.4.... and have a different design than thei Jag seats....

2 hours ago, exdraken said:

So you say those are wrong?

https://www.neomega-resin.com/mkix-d-148th-555-p.asp

They are dedicated to the Gr.3 and T.4.... and have a different design than thei Jag seats....

these are new, never seen them before,  A lot better but still nor correct in the canopy breaker and strap system .

Selwyn

I would recommend to use the ancient but absolutely fine Mk9 from Paragon Designs,  altought ancient and OOP for years now, perhaps you can find some from a friend ou contest shows.

Good luck 

SouthViper from Brazil