Kinetic harrier GR1 1/48

Just finished & it's rather a nice little kit.  However not helped by the rather confusing & contradictory instructions!  Aside from that it goes together quite nicely with the only fit issues for me being the main u/c bay which is very hard to align.  I remembered this from their Sea Harrier I built last year so took a great deal more care with this one but to no avail.  Therefore the main & nose bay doors are closed (as they often were to avoid FOD so there!).  Seat is over simplified with some spurious etched seat belts provided; I've just dropped mine in to place pending a resin A/M seat if I can find one.  Also the MARTRA pods are a joke with the rocket heads poking out - even Kinetic know they got this wrong as they advise you to drill them out!  I didn't fancy that so I used a pair of resin pods (Flightpath) that I found in the spares box.  In addition, I read on here somewhere that the wing pylons are incorrectly positioned with the inner ones too far forward & the outer ones too far inboard so corrected this without too much trouble.  Xtracolour paints & kit decals (really very good) for a 1 Squadron machine 1970.

IMG_8859 IMG_8852 IMG_8853 IMG_8860

IMG_8854 IMG_8855

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Great job on this one Graham! 

I am building the same kit at the moment so shall definitely keep an eye out for the undercarriage bay alignment. I was going to build the air race harrier gr1 but chickened out as I would need to scratch some extended wingtips!

Ash