AOSHIMA AUDI Quattro S1 E2

The World Rally Championship during the 80's produced a lot of iconic cars, especially those in the Group B homologation. The "B" in Group B probably stood for "Bonkers." And the "Bonkerest" of them all was arguably the AUDI Quattro S1 E2.

Although this version of Quattro didn't give Audi a World Rally Championship, this car produced an excess of 500bhp, making it the most powerful Rally Car ever built. The S1 E2 would also become the final Group B car produced by Audi.

As for building this model, this is my first time to build a kit by Aoshima. It is not as a clean build as you would get from Tamiya's kits, but I appreciate how they seem to have an eye for Motorsport. Their kit lineup for race cars are pretty much all classics that gearheads recognize. I'll probably look to build another Aoshima kit soon.

AOSHIMA Beemax AUDI Quattro S1 E2 1/24 Scale

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 27

Oh boy! This winged monster has always been my favourite from Group B era. The soundtrack of the 5-pot just below the rev limiter was (and is) among the best noises of any racing engine I think. Once had a pleasure to see Hannu while he was still alive, this definately brings in some memories.

Model looks very neat, sad that those tobacco decals have to be censored even in models. More pictures please if you can! Also I would like to see your photo booth for these or do you use much editing to get these dark studio-type pictures?

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone! 

9 hours ago, Kiertomäntä said:

Oh boy! This winged monster has always been my favourite from Group B era. The soundtrack of the 5-pot just below the rev limiter was (and is) among the best noises of any racing engine I think. Once had a pleasure to see Hannu while he was still alive, this definately brings in some memories.

Model looks very neat, sad that those tobacco decals have to be censored even in models. More pictures please if you can! Also I would like to see your photo booth for these or do you use much editing to get these dark studio-type pictures?

Oh wow! Seeing Hannu at work must have been really special.

Couldn't get the HB decals from where I'm from. But it was still a joy building this kit. As for my photo setup, I simply use a black paper backdrop the a single light source from above. Been considering to get a a proper product shoot table, but the cost has me thinking otherwise. :D

Superb build! As an ex-Rally Marshall I remember all the different versions of the Audi Quattro's on the stages.

• Like 1

Very nice build :) 

I have this and the non faired version in the stash to build at some point 

Brings back the happy memories of a spotty teenager watching all these group B monsters fly past at close quarters at the RAC rallies :) 

Ian :) 

• Like 2