1/144 Avro Vulcan B.MK2 - Trumpeter

Here's an OOB build of Trumpeter's 1/144 Avro Vulcan.

The build is straight forward with excellent fit. Painted with Tamiya acrylics and finished with satin varnish.

She's a big girl.

Edited by Celliers
  • Like 23

Nice build! A good result following the given instructions. Which Tamiya colours did you use?

It's a shame Trumpeter got the instructions for XH558 so wrong, and it doesn't help that the kit isn't well researched to begin with so they moulded things in limiting ways. Basic things like the camo extending all the way into the intake without the white portion on wrap around schemes and the lack of the prominent TFR blister on the tip of the nose of XH558 have been missed, the colour and shape of the dielectric panels are wrong. There are more things which are fairly prominent that are wrong as well. Of course you can't expect a rivet count accurate kit but these mistakes aren't quite rivets.

Not in any way at all a criticism of your modelling, just my disappointment in Trumpeter's research. I still have four copies of this kit regardless though and if you bin the instructions it can build into a decently accurate Vulcan.

• Celliers changed the title to 1/144 Avro Vulcan B.MK2 - Trumpeter

Very nice! You’ve done a lovely job on that. Very well finished, even in close ups. I’m very envious!

I wish there was a halfway decent valiant kit to go with this and the Victor.