Greetings to all! I'm somewhat new here...

Pantherhawk27263

I've been a long time lurker and will eventually work up the courage to post some of my builds. I currently reside in central Texas and build primarily aircraft in the one true scale, 1/72. I have other scales and non-aircraft kits in my stash, but mostly it's 1/72 scale jets from the Cold War era. 

I'm not a builder on the scale of most people on here. I'm getting back into the hobby after an extended absence and have so far been brush painting everything. I'm starting to fire up the airbrush and will eventually use it for most everything, but to get back in the swing of things it felt most comfortable to brush paint. Thankfully, when I have posted photos of my builds the camera on my phone hides a multitude of sins, or ineptitude. Take your pick. I do use aftermarket bits, but am really more of a OTB builder. I mostly upgrade the cockpits and then use everything else from the kit. I don't get carried away with correcting a lot of inaccuracies or extensive weathering as I just enjoy building kits and doing that will only make me even slower than I am now. Still, I will dabble in those pursuits now and again.

I just build for myself and my enjoyment and admire the amazing skills of most other modelers. Thanks for letting me into this wonderful modeling oasis.

• Like 2

Welcome to the site from a fellow Texan! I know Austin very well, having attended a particular university there. I also confine almost all of my modelling to the one true scale.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome PantherHawk.  Good to see any Cold War jets, so looking forward to seeing yours.  Getting older moved me up to 1/48 but much the same kind of builds, from the European side of things though.  Lots of great advice on here

• 5 months later...