Another Harrier GR.3 - FINISHED - with Nav Lights!

Nearly there. Last thing to go in, the Martin Baker Mk.9 ejection seat. Having bought the Pavla Models, and then the CMK resin seats, I decided I didn't much like either and went back to the Airfix kit supplied one. I added belts (painted Tamiya Tape), the ejection handle (painted wire) and a few buckles from other PE sets. I think it looks about right.

y4mq4n-l7DsvyRNxcjK4z0LHBZqaI1VscvaUynP6

Cheers,

• Like 2

• Johnson changed the title to Another Harrier GR.3 - Mk 9 MB Ejection Seat

And finished...

y4miOrSCKpcjnrti1RuRqD_eh3lErdQcm3b2UtSz

y4mSyJewYlSDCh55a98e2B0KGDrue4KlG0iUoT87

A really nice kit. Bit fiddly at times, adding all the bits and bobs was tricky, probably my age and eyes not helping. A minor criticism of the Airfix instructions, and to be fair they probably hadn't seen Brian Johnstone's colour photo of Red 10 on Hermes (see previous page), is that the camo pattern given is slightly incorrect, as is the position of the red 10 on the tail. And had I known more about Falkland War Harrier ops I would have used BL755 Cluster Bombs instead of the AIM-9Ls, though these were carried on HMS Hermes CAP duties.

Many thanks Nick Greenall for the additional information.

More pics in the gallery.

• Like 5

• Johnson changed the title to Another Harrier GR.3 - ***FINISHED***
51 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Nice one Charlie

Thanks Pete. Nice to see that someone is still out there.

And (amazing what you spot in a photo) I've just noticed that I have no nav lights on the wings. So, not as finished as I'd hoped, I'll have to add some.

Cheers,

I was a little miffed that I'd missed off the wing tip nav lights, so had to add them.

Tamiya clear red and green acrylic paint seemed the obvious solution, it wouldn't matter that it was straight onto the camo dark green as the real things are pretty dark.

I tried experiments with masking but the paint bleeds really easily under the tape. So I painted red and green onto clear Mr Decal paper and cut them out. I think it worked OK.

y4m-0eQpku8WkiWLMjAKwC8ahYJH6lFOVXP0Zy07 

y4m2e0EKPRr1G7jFKP13Kh5oMQ0LFhBv8OrJKB10

y4mGqApkveDnwfUFSHJD1__MEtAaO4DtpydbyRCT

I think that's it... :unsure:

Thanks for looking, back to the Sea Harrier! ^_^

Cheers,

• Like 4

• Johnson changed the title to Another Harrier GR.3 - FINISHED - with Nav Lights!
  • 1 month later...