Ferrari 488 GTE

This is the MFH 1/24 Ferrari 488 GTE of Clearwater Racing, Le Mans 2017. I saw this car at the 2017 Silverstone WEC round and loved the colour scheme. Though I am also a fan of the Risi and JMW schemes, when MFH released this version, it was a done deal. It's a resin body/white metal details curbside kit but still has a LOT of detail, right down to individual PE panel fasteners and bonnet latches. Paint is Zero Paints' Clearwater Racing set.

001 (23)

003 (3)

004 (8)

006 (1)

007 (5)

008 (1)

008 (12)

009 (7)

And the sun came out!

001 (1)

• Like 26

That's an absolute beauty Duncan.

I've started to look at Car kits myself lately and discovered MFH. Was gobsmacked at the content (and price) of their 1/12 offerings (one day maybe!) and saw that the 1/24 range is also incredible when it comes to detail.

A very inspiring build!

Terry

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

That's an absolute beauty Duncan.

I've started to look at Car kits myself lately and discovered MFH. Was gobsmacked at the content (and price) of their 1/12 offerings (one day maybe!) and saw that the 1/24 range is also incredible when it comes to detail.

A very inspiring build!

Terry

Yes I have one of the 1/12 kits in long-term build and aside from parts count it's BIG! I've built a number of MFH kits and love them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, desert falcon said:

While I‘m looking at your beautiful 488 GTE, I‘m trying to imagine the sound from the engine 🤩 

They sound OK but nothing compared to the 458 GT car :)

• Like 1

As others have already said, the engine bay is a real achievement.  Great looking kit all round, well done.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...