Come buy your Soba & Udon noodles here. Oishii!

Creepy Pete

My first build for this GB will be something silly. A Soba & Udon noodles vending machine in 1/12 scale. It's a Hasegawa kit, who have been producing lots of fun stuff the last few years. As you can see it has a surprising amount of parts and for some reason 2 sheets of stickers.

NrcBACI.jpg

rWoc6EK.jpg

pK5AeDU.jpg

Nice and simple instructions:

4H21b1r.jpg

This should be fun!

Edited by Creepy Pete
fish
  • Like 17
  • Haha 1

welcome along Pete, with probably the last thing I expected to see in this GB, but also one of the most iconic...... a vending machine!!

It's actually a nice looking model and should be fun to build. I wonder what other vending machines they do...... probably not the ones you find at the back of some of the market stalls around Ueno Station!!! :whistle:

Good luck with the build, should be lots of fun to do........ gosh now you've made me hungry for some noodles (actually had Ramen noodles last night!)

• Haha 1

Awesome. My favourite vending machines are the Boss Coffee ones. For a while I had an awesome collection of different Boss Coffee cans bought and drunk from various vending machines - so many different ones! But basically it was them or the marriage, so...😂

(To be clear I ditched the cans haha)

• Haha 8

They do love their vending machines in Japan, alright. They are everywhere! @trickyrich, I haven't been to the ones near Ueno station, but I can imagine they have some truely weird ones in some dark alleys.

Hasegawa do a few. This one, a Hamburger version, which I also have, one for Toast Sandwiches, and one similar like this, but with Ramen instead of Soba & Udon noodles. They also do a crane game and a gachapon. You could do a whole diorama with them and their office furniture in 1/12!

No color is given for the machine, so I settled on ModelMaster Light Gull Grey. One panel on the front seems to have a light colour on the real things, so I sprayed some Revell 371 on that, which is a very light grey. The rear, bottom and sides have been clicked together, and I will start masking for the metallic edges on the front panels.

AIq3PUs.jpg

• Like 4

That is looking really cool, although I am getting an 80's vibe from the colours.  Very cool though. :)

I learned an interesting fact about the vending machines in Japan a few months ago.  Apparently, if there is an earthquake, the machines are set to release their contents for free.  I am not sure if that means you have to select what you want, or it spits them all out at once or if it has to recieve a signal from the government/owners.  Still pretty cool if it is true - I haven't had a chance to verify it yet.

That vending machine would look good on a mountain pass/midnight service station diaorama for cars/bikes.

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

I learned an interesting fact about the vending machines in Japan a few months ago.  Apparently, if there is an earthquake, the machines are set to release their contents for free.

Can’t say that was my experience during the Kumamoto earthquake of 2016. Having said that, at least whilst it was happening, the last thing on my mind was a can of Pocari Sweat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Filler said:

Can’t say that was my experience during the Kumamoto earthquake of 2016. Having said that, at least whilst it was happening, the last thing on my mind was a can of Pocari Sweat.

Fair enough, but a Boss Coffee would have calmed the nerves 😹

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, Filler said:

Some people might read that as a failure of advertising.  How could you possibly *not* be thinking of Pocari Sweat during an earthquake?!  Although some people might be queuing up for the saki one at Niigata (?) station.

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

No earthquakes here, and despite a lack of Boss Coffee, Pocari Sweat or Calpis, it's finished!

This was really fun to do. No glue was required, and painting was pretty straight forward.

eLTckPC.jpg

More pics in the RFI section

• Like 10

• Creepy Pete changed the title to Come buy your Soba & Udon noodles here. Oishii!

すごい! It looks like a photo of the real thing in a sales brochure.

I wonder if any aftermarket company will produce a conversion kit for the mythical recycled ladies underwear vending machine...

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...