Jolly Roger of Bougainville - Vought F4U Corsair (1/72 Tamiya)

Very nice setting indeed but I'm not sure about the rockets leaning up in the air waiting to be loaded. Do you have photographic evidence of that as I believe they should be flat on the ground?

Paul 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dcrfan said:

...but I'm not sure about the rockets leaning up in the air waiting to be loaded. Do you have photographic evidence of that as I believe they should be flat on the ground?

They were indeed stored flat, usually on the racks but I wanted to make them more visible and to create this more disorderly look of the scene.

16 hours ago, Scooby said:

But those guys would be baking to death in the jungle in all those layers!

True, but I couldn't find the crew figures in lighter clothes that would fit the scene. They're from the Airfix set more suited for UK based bombers. But hey, beggars can’t be choosers... 😉

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cromm Cruac said:

They were indeed stored flat, usually on the racks but I wanted to make them more visible and to create this more disorderly look of the scene.

Ah I did wonder it that was your aim.  I am also working on an SW Pacific island diorama just somewhat larger in scope and scale (1/48).  Appropriately clothed people were equally difficult to find however I was lucky enough to find someone with 3D CAD skills to clone some scantly clad figures for me and then he doubled the numbers by printing them facing left and right 😀   

51120216804_46b3d4f638.jpgfullsizeoutput_1c17 by tankienz, on Flickr

50781789528_6b9b3a2eaa.jpgfullsizeoutput_1b07 by tankienz, on Flickr

The laying down coconut trees were knocked down while staging the photo 😒

• Like 1