1928 lincolns

Finished versions. Bought this as an Airfix kit when I was about 8 or 9, so about 55 years ago. At the time it was the most impressive model I'd built. So, slowly returning to the hobby I thought I'd seek it out again. The yellow one is a more recent MPC re-issue. The moulds show all the signs of having been very well used. The dark red (maroon?) one is an original Airfix that had been partially started. Both needed quite a lot of work to get the parts to fit but the MPC still doesn't look quite right. The top cowl/bonnet parts have flattened so that the coach line doesn't line up with the line on the body. Good enough for me as a return subject and a bit of nostalgia. Not a subject I have much affection for other than a trip down memory lane.

1198301-112407-85-1440.jpg

Rear door handle lost in the recent house move.

1198302-112407-91-1440.jpg

Any suggestions on how to make a quick & easy replacement rear door handle?

1198303-112407-55-1440.jpg

h1198305-112407-15-1440.jpg

Tyre mark on the white wall from years of storage with a tyre on top.

1198306-112407-45-1440.jpg

1198304-112407-79-1440.jpg

• Like 13

Thanks to both of you for the kind words. The models have a lot of potential but need a lot of remedial work and I was only prepared to go so far. As such they were a good way to be riminded of the skills I need to bring back to life. The gloss paint came from rattle cans the polished with T-Cut.

• Like 1

These bring back memories for me too @Gaspode, however in my case it was my dad who built this kit back in the day.

IIRC there were several working features, including steerable wheels and some openable hatches (hidden compartments?).

Yours look great - thanks for sharing :thumbsup2:

Thanks and yes you're right @CliffB tilting middle seats, steering, compartment behind the front seats and opening bonnet (cowl?). In theory the luggage rack should fold too but the moulding isn't defined enough.

Edited by Gaspode
name error
  • Like 1