Stunning build of a 1/24 Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper

Pascal

Coincidentally, I spotted this build earlier this week and was pretty gobsmacked. His 3 wheeler "Bubble Car" build is also amazing!

Terry

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

His 3 wheeler "Bubble Car" build is also amazing!

They all are Terry!

Not many people can make a Hyundai Pony model look as interesting as a Lamborghini Miura....!! :)

Another of my favourite youtube car modellers is this Japanese gentleman;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIG8ak5ohAxG5yYLDdmV4Q

He's currently building a masterpiece from a Tamiya Lotus 7 box....!! 

Keith

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another of my favourite youtube car modellers is this Japanese gentleman;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIG8ak5ohAxG5yYLDdmV4Q

He's currently building a masterpiece from a Tamiya Lotus 7 box....!! 

I can see why you like that one! He is a very talented modeller. I especially like the way he does chrome!

Thanks

Terry

• Like 1

Pascal's meticulous attention to detail is shown well in his video and takes auto modelling to a different level altogether. It is nice that he has shared his techniques by showing a full build video. I have learnt a lot from watching it.

23 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Pascal's meticulous attention to detail is shown well in his video and takes auto modelling to a different level altogether. It is nice that he has shared his techniques by showing a full build video. I have learnt a lot from watching it.

I think Pascal just linked to the video? The gentleman who's channel it is is South Korean, so it would be a big co-incidence if his name was Pascal too?! :)

That's to take nothing away from how briliant Pascal's modelling is as well though! 👍

Keith

Thanks Keith

The way Pascal's leading post in this thread was presented with the You Tube Mini video led me to think it was his model.

A stunning build none the less!

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

About thirty years ago I built a 1/16th scale Mini (can't remember the make of kit) as a present for Mrs N, making it identical to her first car.  She still has it and I pulled it out of the display cabinet, compared it to these pictures, sighed, put it back in the case and crept quietly away.  Quality like that I can only aspire to.

• Like 4

I remember this kit...and also don't remember the producer. 

I built when I was a teen and my mom drove a red '73 Mini. 

Marco F 

@Marco F. I have a feeling it was Tamiya but 'twas too long ago to be certain.  I do remember it was a high quality kit and a very easy but quite detailed build.

22 hours ago, Neddy said:

@Marco F. I have a feeling it was Tamiya but 'twas too long ago to be certain.  I do remember it was a high quality kit and a very easy but quite detailed build.

Tamiya did a 1/12 kit of one of the last 1.3 fuel injected classic Mini's - I snoozed when it was last re-issued and missed getting one for £35....!! :doh:

I thought it was Marui that did a 1/16 Min, but googling shows it was LS...

Keith