Jump to content

Stunning build of a 1/24 Tamiya Morris Mini Cooper


Pascal
 Share

Recommended Posts

Coincidentally, I spotted this build earlier this week and was pretty gobsmacked. His 3 wheeler "Bubble Car" build is also amazing!

 

Terry

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

His 3 wheeler "Bubble Car" build is also amazing!

 

They all are Terry!

 

Not many people can make a Hyundai Pony model look as interesting as a Lamborghini Miura....!! :)

 

Another of my favourite youtube car modellers is this Japanese gentleman;

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIG8ak5ohAxG5yYLDdmV4Q

 

He's currently building a masterpiece from a Tamiya Lotus 7 box....!! 

 

Keith

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Another of my favourite youtube car modellers is this Japanese gentleman;

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBIG8ak5ohAxG5yYLDdmV4Q

 

He's currently building a masterpiece from a Tamiya Lotus 7 box....!! 

 

I can see why you like that one! He is a very talented modeller. I especially like the way he does chrome!

 

Thanks

 

Terry

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pascal's meticulous attention to detail is shown well in his video and takes auto modelling to a different level altogether. It is nice that he has shared his techniques by showing a full build video. I have learnt a lot from watching it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Noel Smith said:

Pascal's meticulous attention to detail is shown well in his video and takes auto modelling to a different level altogether. It is nice that he has shared his techniques by showing a full build video. I have learnt a lot from watching it.

 

I think Pascal just linked to the video? The gentleman who's channel it is is South Korean, so it would be a big co-incidence if his name was Pascal too?! :)

 

That's to take nothing away from how briliant Pascal's modelling is as well though! 👍

 

Keith

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Keith

The way Pascal's leading post in this thread was presented with the You Tube Mini video led me to think it was his model.

A stunning build none the less!

Edited by Noel Smith
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

About thirty years ago I built a 1/16th scale Mini (can't remember the make of kit) as a present for Mrs N, making it identical to her first car.  She still has it and I pulled it out of the display cabinet, compared it to these pictures, sighed, put it back in the case and crept quietly away.  Quality like that I can only aspire to.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember this kit...and also don't remember the producer. 

I built when I was a teen and my mom drove a red '73 Mini. 

Marco F 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Marco F. I have a feeling it was Tamiya but 'twas too long ago to be certain.  I do remember it was a high quality kit and a very easy but quite detailed build.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Neddy said:

@Marco F. I have a feeling it was Tamiya but 'twas too long ago to be certain.  I do remember it was a high quality kit and a very easy but quite detailed build.

 

Tamiya did a 1/12 kit of one of the last 1.3 fuel injected classic Mini's - I snoozed when it was last re-issued and missed getting one for £35....!! :doh:

 

I thought it was Marui that did a 1/16 Min, but googling shows it was LS...

 

Keith

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...