1/72 Sova-M U-36A Learjet - finished

zebra

Final bits done: Ant-collision and nav lights, aerials and the RM30 winch and target. As with other Amodel detail parts, these aren't great, and if I was to do this again I'd make my own RM30 - I've done it before, for a 1/48 Skyhawk.

Calling this finished. More photos in the gallery shortly.

JMSDF Learjet

cheers

Julian

• Like 5

• zebra changed the title to 1/72 Sova-M U-36A Learjet - finished

Super cool, she looks amazing in that scheme, and beautifully finished as well. :thumbsup:

It looked to be a reasonably nice build apart from a couple of issues. I haven't built an A Model/Sova-M model before, it did look like your typical short run model.

A really lovely and colourful addition to the gallery. I'm really glade you bought it along. I hope you enjoyed the build as it was a pleasure to have you along as usual.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Super cool, she looks amazing in that scheme, and beautifully finished as well. :thumbsup:

It looked to be a reasonably nice build apart from a couple of issues. I haven't built an A Model/Sova-M model before, it did look like your typical short run model.

A really lovely and colourful addition to the gallery. I'm really glade you bought it along. I hope you enjoyed the build as it was a pleasure to have you along as usual.

Thanks Rich! Cracking scheme isn't it. Typical short-run model sums it up pretty well - the airframe goes together quite well, and the surface detail is nice, but the smaller parts are all a bit thick and lacking in detail.

I'd better crack on and get the Convair and the YS-11 finished before the GB ends, then going to focus on Canadian builds for a while.

Congrats for the finished model, it's really gorgeous.

I have the same kit in my stash and I would start it today if it wasn't for the other dozens of half built kits I have here and there.. 😘

May I ask you which yellow paint you used? It seems really spot on for the JASDF livery!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Whirly said:

Congrats for the finished model, it's really gorgeous.

I have the same kit in my stash and I would start it today if it wasn't for the other dozens of half built kits I have here and there.. 😘

May I ask you which yellow paint you used? It seems really spot on for the JASDF livery!

Thanks! The yellow is trainer yellow from SMS

• Like 1