2 New Canberra Books

canberra kid

16 hours ago, tempestfan said:

Vol. 1 also arrived here a couple of weeks ago, but not yet had time to do a real look inside. @canberra kid: Do you happen to know whether Fonthill take part in one of the import VAT up-front collecting schemes? Probably not, that's why I bought mine off a platform (but still at a great price), as that handling fee for collecting the VAT on delivery that all carriers apply just about kills off every direct (non-platform) purchase outside the EU.

Hi,  thanks for getting the book, I hope you enjoy it! Sorry but I have no idea about the VAT, as you say, I suspect not. 

John

Edited by canberra kid
Edit

MARHAM CANBERRA DAYS update. RAF Marham is observing the Royal period of mourning for the Queen, which means no public events will take place before the 26th September. To comply with this, we have moved the Canberra Days back to Saturday and Sunday 1st and 2nd October. The plan for the Days remains the same; in addition to the cockpits on show (including XH135, tours of XH169, the Heritage Centre, Canberra models (as in aircraft!), memorabilia and parts sale, photo albums, etc, we have a programme in the conference room that, provisionally includes:
• Canberra film show (a loop of short Canberra films) - various times in the day with different films
Presentations, discussions, Q&A on:
• Bombers and Interdictors
• Asymmetric – the Canberra’s main problem
• Recce Rules!
• Target towing, jamming – and more: overview and discussion
• .. and more

3 hours ago, canberra kid said:

Hi,  thanks for getting the book, I hope you enjoy it! Sorry but I have no idea about the VAT, as you say, I suspect not. 

John

Thank YOU for co-authoring it 😉

BTW, what I always wanted to ask but always forget is: Do you happen to have been at an Eggebek open day with a real Canberra under your arm, probably in August 2003? If so, do you remember the (then MUCH younger) bloke with the tape measure?

• 1 month later...

Mine arrived during the week. Unfortunately, DPD decided leaving the package leaning on my garage door in the rain constituted delivering it to a safe place (the garage door was unlocked and both Amazon and the postie had figured out they could open it and leave stuff inside... So it's drying out -- fortunately only the corner of the cover and the end board were affected and the pages are not stuck together! Looks very good, though...

best,

M.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

Mine arrived during the week. Unfortunately, DPD decided leaving the package leaning on my garage door in the rain constituted delivering it to a safe place (the garage door was unlocked and both Amazon and the postie had figured out they could open it and leave stuff inside... So it's drying out -- fortunately only the corner of the cover and the end board were affected and the pages are not stuck together! Looks very good, though...

best,

M.

That's a bummer, it's never a good idea to let a book get wet, still it sounds to be not too bad, I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the book.

John 

On 10/22/2022 at 2:00 PM, cmatthewbacon said:

best,

M.

The original meaning of DPD was Deutsche Paket Deppen - process this through the translator of your convenience 🙂

• Haha 1