1/35 Academy OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Hi everyone, I hope you are having a great Easter break, I have made good progress on this build so far. (It will slow now I have said that!).

I decided to fit the pilot into the cockpit and paint everything black and olive drab, then I added the details to the pilot's camouflage uniform with some sponge. Lots of hand painting and dry brushing followed, the entire cockpit and instrumentation was hand detailed.

It did take a few hours work, but I am pleased with the results. My goal for today was to get the fuselage together. I have a plan for the second pilot figure, he will be checking over the rotor head, so I made up some cushions from white tack and once painted I used some adhesive backed foil to make up some harnesses.

Once the fuselage was together, I checked the fit of the clear parts. The lower nose window fits well enough, with a bit of sanding and test fitting. However the front windscreen is going to be a bit of a bugger to fit, it slides under the overhead engine bay nacelle, but is hitting the instrument shroud on both sides. I am shaving off bits of window frame and shroud, I hope I don't crack the clear part in the process.

It fits well enough on the port side, but has a gap by the door frame on the starboard side. Tomorrow I will mask up the clear parts and paint the fuselage colour, and see if I can get them fitted.

Let's hope it doesn't need a tarp over it!

c48dlDC.jpg
SQNmBjY.jpg
ZG0pPAC.jpg
fjprB0O.jpg
UdBpEx2.jpg
6q5wmmO.jpg
Qx6UvkM.jpg
6Kupzti.jpg
UTSmmoB.jpg
Kfk4mlO.jpg
LP6y2dH.jpg
QZeA5VL.jpg
AicBn4A.jpg
S9kftVw.jpg
Cul46iV.jpg
MSNvqfX.jpg

• Like 3

Hi all, I have masked up and painted the front upper and lower windows, and painted the fuselage. I also added the decals and gave them a matt clearcoat.

The photos show the weapons loosely fitted along with the rotor head. Sadly, despite my best efforts the front windscreen is not a good fit, I have tacked the screen in place and use micro crystal-clear glue to fill in the gaps.

Hopefully I will be able to tidy it up over the next few days. Then I can add the side doors and wire cutters etc, and start the weathering and final detailing to bring this build to a close.

d2ezVj9.jpg
kwf3M5q.jpg
RbAhDIn.jpg
VzZucCX.jpg
dJRE5VQ.jpg
RYLJyup.jpg

• Like 4