HMS Belfast......Airfix.........1/600

3 hours ago, Faraway said:

I have to admit, I am struggling to stay motivated with this build. No idea why, just not finding it is drawing me in like all my others have done.

So, I'm going to suspend this build and move onto something else.

Jon

Dunkerque?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I understand this decision Jon, and as much as I have fond memories of this kit, I would struggle for motivation on it too now, esp with your 'ood coming along so well. Hopefully you'll return here soon as she was coming along a  treat.

David

Apologies been away for a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adm Lord De Univers said:

I understand this decision Jon, and as much as I have fond memories of this kit, I would struggle for motivation on it too now, esp with your 'ood coming along so well. Hopefully you'll return here soon as she was coming along a  treat.

David

Apologies been away for a week.

I think one problem was the moulding, old models, when compared to current standards are a bit basic. But I will return once ‘ood is launched, be nice to do something bigger. Hope you had a good time away, I’ve been a bit distracted lately, as am in the process of buying a new car. 
No crew yet, I take it ?

Jon

No crew yet, they've deserted.

The time away was due to incessant work and a toddler who now likes to play from midnight to 4am. What's the opposite of a happy bunny?

I hear you loud and clear, I got back into modelling years ago doing an oob build of her (as a random present) which I gave to my grandad (he first took me to see her). It took another present 2 years later to fully draw me back in. I thoroughly enjoyed her, but the vintage leaves something to be desired and I don't envy anyone trying to do her up, especially when you have that Flyhawk Hood staring her down.

David

This might help even less, but I've seen a proposed Flyhawk Belfast on scalemates...

• Like 1