Hasegawa 1/48th EA-18G Growler - 6 Sqn RAAF 100th Anniversary

Ok this build was 2 builds in one, one for the F/A-18 STGB, the other was personnel one for me. I service with 6 Squadron in the 80’s as an Instrument Fitter working on F/RF-111C’s so this build was a bit special for me. As soon as I saw these decals, I knew I had to build this scheme.

The decals are by Syhart and are brilliant, so much so I ended up buying a 2nd set! Not so much because I loved the scheme, but more because I had a bit of a senior and used the wrong colour blue! Of course, I only noticed this once I had the decals on. 

After this stuff up I needed a quick fix. Now there are two companies that do decals for this scheme Syhart and a company in Aust, who shall remain nameless…but I went for them, as they had them available on their website. Needless to say that was a complete waste of time, over 2 months later I still hadn’t received them!! (gosh they were only 2 hours from where I live for god’s sake!!!!).

So after giving up on these clowns I order direct from Syhart, took only a week to get here from France, awesome service! Plus the decals are just so nice to use, I have used their decals a few times before, absolutely 1st class decals.

Anyway, I missed a couple of deadlines but managed to get her finish.

And I have to say I’m proud so have her on my shelf (beside a RF-111C), it’s a stunning scheme and I’ll be chuffed to show her at an ANZAC day display next weekend.

Even better I have seen ResKIT have released new 3D printed complete cockpits for Hobby Boss F-111’s, guess I know what I’m buying next.

Thank you for looking a link to the build is provided.

Model: Hasegawa 1/48th EA-18G Growler

Scheme: 6 Sqn RAAF 100th Anniversary  

Paint:  AK Interactive Real Color, and MRP, Tamiya Acrylics, Model Master Metalizer Lacquer 

Extras: 

Aires – Exhaust Nozzle set - Opened

Quinta Studio – EA-18G 3D Decals

Syhart – EA-18G Growler A46-306 100 Years 6 Squadron decals

IMG_7085-XL.jpg

IMG_7091-XL.jpg

IMG_7092-XL.jpg

IMG_7090-XL.jpg

IMG_7094-XL.jpg

IMG_7095-XL.jpg

IMG_7096-XL.jpg

IMG_7097-XL.jpg