Harrier tow bar attachment point

pacificmustang

G’day All and Happy Easter

ive got the skunkworks R.N deck tractor and towbar built and want to attach it to my Kinetic  SHAR 

I’d assumed the bar would attach to the front nose wheel axle, but the skunkworks one definitely doesn’t as the yoke is just not wide or long enough.

Would  anyone have photos of where the bar attaches? Google searches bring up nothing 

Thanks 

Bruce 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

ive got the skunkworks R.N deck tractor and towbar built and want to attach it to my Kinetic  SHAR 

I’d assumed the bar would attach to the front nose wheel axle, but the skunkworks one definitely doesn’t as the yoke is just not wide or long enough.

Would  anyone have photos of where the bar attaches? Google searches bring up nothing 

Thanks 

Bruce 

if you look at the images here https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/70835-hawker-siddeley-harrier-single-seater/  if you look where the nosewheel is supported  that is the point  where the towbar is fitted.

Selwyn

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

Much appreciated Selwyn 

May the Easter Bunny rain chocolate upon you. (Unless you are diabetic!)

Bruce 

I am,  but I am still going to have a chocolate Easter bunny!

Selwyn

• Like 2

4 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

Thanks 

Bruce 

Two drawing that should held?

A4UDsd.jpg

A4U1Jq.jpg

John

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As a general rule

If the nose leg has lever suspension like the harrier, the tow bar attaches to the lever hinge

If the nose leg has Oleo suspension like a phantom, the tow bar attaches to the nose wheel axle

As always, check photo's if possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1