Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im not familiar with sll the new tools out there but whats the most modern Mig-3 ? Would that have a chance at consideration ? 

There's not much, I'm afraid - the best in 1/72 is still the HobbyBoss snap-together one from 2005. Second place to the Alfa/Maquette/RPM kit from 1992, originally, according to Scalemates. Neither qualifies as a modern, well-detailed kit, so the field is wide open.

John

• Like 1

Not according to their emailed update last week

FROM ARMA HOBBY:

"(...)Today I would like to share more information about what is happening behind our office and warehouse doors.

It will be about news, plans and prices.

The Ki-84 Hayate Expert Set is selling surprisingly well, better than the Mustang P-51 B / C at its launch. There are not many models left from the first enlarged production run, and within a month, we will be preparing a second edition of the kit. In June, we will release the Ki-84 Model Kit edition with two colour options and without photoetched parts and masks. We can see that many interests aroused camouflage with "giraffe-like" spots. There is a discussion on the Internet about the techniques of its implementation. Rafhart (polish Youtuber) even posted a tutorial on his channel (you can find an article with photos and a video on the model's page on our blog, link). Write to me please about what you would like to receive for painting this camouflage: masks or decals? We are also considering making a mask template to download from our website. What do you prefer?

Articles about Hayate link

The Mustang F-6C reconnaissance version is waiting for photo-etched parts. The model was supposed to come out this week, but the transport of etchings has been travelling from the Czech Republic for a month, and Post lost it somewhere in a warehouse. Our supplier wanted to save us a cost and did not send the plates by courier. We hope etched parts will reach us within a few days, and we will start shipping the pre-orders. You'll find a great #armastory article about the F-6C by Robert Bourlier on the blog.

Articles about the F-6C Mustang http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/tag/nr70040-en/

Plans

Unfortunately, we must revise our release plans. The 1/72 model of the aircraft planned for June will not be ready until July. Therefore, we are postponing its release to the beginning of September. We decided not to launch the model during the holidays. Hurricane 1/48 expected in September will therefore go into October. The P-51D Mustang 1/72 would be available at Christmas or New Year. The plans are, of course, indicative. We hope that nothing will stop the news from being released. I feel awkward not being able to announce the date clearly. Unfortunately, we do not have the production process under complete control yet. Our moulds are made in Poland, and there is a lack of processing capacity in the tool workshop, mainly due to the lack of qualified employees.

Model prices

We are faced with the need to change the prices of models. Due to inflation, we are trying to fit between the scissors of rising costs and keep retail prices unchanged. Unfortunately, the situation on the market is pressing us more and more.

From June 1, we will increase the prices of the Model Kit and Limited Edition models.

We are also considering resigning from photo-etched plates in Expert Set models in the future, keeping the retail price as much as possible without an increase while leaving a wide selection of decals and masks. Such a solution is encouraged by the quality of details in our moulded parts, which increases from model to model, making the photoetched parts less needed. Tell me what you prefer, keep the price or the etched details, please?

"Spring Cleaning" Special Offer

Be sure to check out our online store. Before the end of May, we clean the warehouse of the overstock of Eduard, Hobby2000 and Tamiya models and some Hataka paint and Arma Hobby Limited Edition models. See how you can buy 361 products with a discount from 10% to even 25% link. Each purchase supports the development of Arma Hobby!

See the terms of promotion in the store link and available products link.

Yours
Wojtek Bulhak
Arma Hobby"

V.P.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SeventySecond said:

The P-51D Mustang 1/72 would be available at Christmas or New Year.

No matter when they are going to release it I really hope that this new tooling has the option to create a P-51D-5 without the dorsal fin filet. So far this early version can only be created in 1/72 scale with a number of modifications. 

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Nothing beyond even basic modelling skills.  Just what's so fearsome about a knife, a file and some filler?

Indeed, why be a coward and buy a kit, hew it out of balsa yourself, like a man!

• Haha 14

19 hours ago, Graham Boak said:

Nothing beyond even basic modelling skills.  Just what's so fearsome about a knife, a file and some filler?

It´s no fear is just me being lazy. 😀  

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Now that would be nice. 

I guess the Special Hobby Super Mystere is new enough for not needing a new one.

• Like 5

on WWII propeller side: Spitfire MkVb-c-a , Allison Mustang_A36_P51A, Bearcat, 

on modern side (Arma started the plastic adventure with the polish Iskra): Aermacchi M346 , Texan II_PC9, Bayractar TB2 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KITCAT said:

I hope Arma Hobby don't use this tactic again it's just BORING

No, it’s fun, we’ll all get it wrong but so what !

Wulfman

• Like 4

2 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning 

Hum what about a new Skyraider family ? the Hasegawa Skyraider are very difficult to find ... 

Best Regards 

Patrice 

Despite a new Skyraider is a really interesting subject ( several versions and decals options), I think the size is larger than the actual Arma standard in 72 kit. Too interesting but too big ! 

25 minutes ago, MiG-Mech said:

Would be more interesting if it's not the 455336764336788643467th version of the same looking plane.

I'm with you there: too often the answer to the question, "Given the thousands of aircraft types which have ever been built, what would we like to see in kit form?" seems to be, "Something that's been done before please". But with three more rivets.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 09/06/2022 at 11:16, GioCare said:

Despite a new Skyraider is a really interesting subject ( several versions and decals options), I think the size is larger than the actual Arma standard in 72 kit. Too interesting but too big ! 

My bet is that we can rather expect more Skyraider versions from Sword. They have already released the AD-4W AEW version so maybe they continue with other versions just like Sword did with their Avenger releases before. Although the Hasegawa kit is a good model one can only built a Vietnam era Skyraider from it. Apart from the old Heller kit the Korean war AD-3 and AD-4 versions have so far never been covered by any manufacturer in 1/72 scale so it would fill an important gap.

On 08/06/2022 at 23:30, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:
On 08/06/2022 at 23:19, Taylor Durbon said:

F4U-5N with folded wings. Bämmm!

It would be a license to print money in 1/72 scale. 

The same goes for the Corsairs that flew in the Korean conflict since the Italeri kits have a lot of issues when it comes to accuracy. So far, Arma Hobby has adopted a quite prudent release policy when it comes to compete with larger companies. Whereas Airfix released a rag-wing Hurricane they opted to do a metal wing one. The same goes for the Mustang where Arma Hobby did the early version first. So they filled a niche by issuing different sub-types. It could well be the case that Arma Hobby is going to pursue the same approach for the Corsair. The F4U-5 would be a good starting point since it could feature multiple boxings for the F4U-5, F4U-5N and F4U-5NL (the winterized version has never been done in 1/72 scale) and apart from US Navy and Marines markings also feature Argentine and Honduras decal options. So let´s wait and see.

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

Yeah, it's always

"Oh! A new kit is coming. I hope it's a Spitfire !".

Well let's see and hope it's something a bit imaginative. A between-the-wars type like an Overstrand would be a licence to print money. Ooh - how about a Botha?

• Haha 1