Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

Some of the P-39/P-400 DK Decals sheets in 1/72 are now released, sheets 72112 to 72115, dkdecals.cz. I don't know if any retailer has them yet, probably not. I hope that the air a cutie decal has been divided in a way that it fits the Arma Hobby P-39, if the door or doors will be open.

I think that sooner or later also Arma Hobby will release a boxing featuring that scheme, it's too striking to ignore.

• 1 month later...

Two references

- ref. 70056 - Bell P-39N Airacobra -  Delivery starts before end of March 2023.

https://www.armahobby.com/70056-p-39n-airacobra.html

big-70056-web.jpg

- ref. 5646 - Aeroplane kit bundle  - Bell P-39Q + P-39N + 2x 3D printed accessories

https://www.armahobby.com/bundle-p-39q-p-39n-2x-3d-printed-accessories.html

big-p-39-bundle.jpg
big-cobra-medal.jpg

V.P.

• Like 6

In case anyone was wondering, the main difference between the Q and the N is the armament fit. Qs have the underwing .50 cal pods, Ns have two .30 cal guns mounted in each wing.  P-39Q-21 and -25 versions had four blade Aeroproducts prop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Stupid Gmail had put the Arma Hobby newsletter into the spam folder, there's absolutely no logic what ends up there, why is this March newsletter somehow different from the previous ones. 

23 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

In case anyone was wondering, the main difference between the Q and the N is the armament fit.

What is the difference between the N and the L? One of the DK sheets have two of those mysterious P-39Ls in non-standard camouflage. Does the Arma Hobby kit have the necessary parts to make an approximation of an L-model?

3 hours ago, TheKinksFan said:

Stupid Gmail had put the Arma Hobby newsletter into the spam folder, there's absolutely no logic what ends up there, why is this March newsletter somehow different from the previous ones. 

What is the difference between the N and the L? One of the DK sheets have two of those mysterious P-39Ls in non-standard camouflage. Does the Arma Hobby kit have the necessary parts to make an approximation of an L-model?

The differences seem to be mainly internal. The Wikipedia page on the P-39 has a good summary 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_P-39_Airacobra

• Like 1

I did a little investigation with following result:

P-39 L has Curtiss Eletric propeller Dim 10´ 4" , redesigned nose wheel and 6 exhaust pipes. I am a bit confused about the canon size, but I think there was again standard 37mm.

The second point is to identify right parts in the sprues. Regarding to propeller I gues that Part. no. 60 is Aeroproduct 10´ 4" , No.61 Curtiss Eletric 10´ 4".  No.62 should be Aeroproduct 11´ 7" , There is missing the four bladed propeller which was used on P-39 Q-20, 21, 25 

Regarding to the canon nozzles, I am not sure but it seems Part No. 71 is surely 20mm. Parts 72 and 73 I can not recognise as one should be 20mm and the other 37mm.

The nose wheel for L version should be part. No. 43 and the nose part should be already with vents on nose, means part No. 21

I have another point there. There were photo-reconaisance conversions through all the versions. The Armahobby offers P-39 Q-6 from 82.nd TRS, so I gues there should be a bulge on the rear belly for cameras. But there is no part or even  mention in the instructions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, David Koktavý said:

Regarding to the canon nozzles, I am not sure but it seems Part No. 71 is surely 20mm. Parts 72 and 73 I can not recognise as one should be 20mm and the other 37mm.

Part 72- is 37 mm cannon with cover, part 73 - is  37 mm cannon also, but without aerodynamic cover

• Thanks 1

I wonder why there are only three schemes. And I've got a DK Decals sheet - 350th Fighter Group - thas has that same shark mouth aircraft, that's typical, buying a decal sheet, but in the end use the kit decals. 

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2023/03/10/p-39n-airacobra-painting-and-marking-schemes/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=P-39&utm_term=70056-malowania&utm_content=en

There will be a Red Roo release of the kit with RAAF decals and details of the modifications needed to make a P-39D or P-39F from the base kit. These were the two models operated by the RAAF, which used 22 of them for largely undistinguished front line service when there was nothing else available. We will try and cover every example we can find a picture for.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...