You're all far too cynical. 😀 There'll be outpourings of joy: 

'Wow, I didn't expect a Bartel BM-4 but kudos to Arma!'

'It's not really my scene, but I'll probably buy at least three!'

'Fantastic - a Bf 109G-6'

'I called it! Fifteen pages back...'

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Now we know - it's another P-39Q.  Not even an early one.  Unexciting choice, could have been better.  Of course, the head of the Polish Air Force postwar flew one.

Another P-39Q?

1 minute ago, TheKinksFan said:

Very pleased with this one, it's excatly what I was hoping for. Another P-39Q? There's the Academy kit that is over 20 years old, and RS, which is a short run kit, that no one really wants to build. 

What’s wrong with the RS one that makes no one want to build it? Asking since I picked one up at a sale.

23 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Now we know - it's another P-39Q.  Not even an early one.  Unexciting choice, could have been better.  Of course, the head of the Polish Air Force postwar flew one.

All existing P-39 kits have significant shape issues, particularly in the rear fuselage. You can be sure this one won’t. Also, not so hard to convert to early versions using parts from the now redundant Academy P-39’s in the stash (although, if history is any guide, other versions will follow). I for one am very excited about this.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Torbjorn said:

What’s wrong with the RS one that makes no one want to build it? Asking since I picked one up at a sale.

Well, don't take it literally, I myself almost bought one. I don't mean that they are especially awful to build, what I mean is that most modellers shy away from short run kits. According to some reviews it's not that bad.

From Arma's blog:

The Arma Hobby model kit is the first new kit of this aircraft in wide production for over 20 years. In the box, you will find plastic parts of the model that allow you to build all combat versions of the aircraft from P-39D to P-39Q (including Airacobra Mk I and P-400). They will be available in various configurations in Arma Hobby’s offer in the following months. The kit includes painting masks for the canopy and wheels as well as metal balls to load the nose part (matching the appropriate sockets in the model).

Source: http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2022/08/24/p-39-airacobra-model-kit-annoucement/?utm_source=implebot&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=P-39&utm_term=P-39-zapowiedz&utm_content=en

• Like 5

That's great news!

Arma continues picking up subjects, that are not yet served too well for the modelling society filling the gaps :D

One of the subjects mentioned in the chain and also I saw potential ;)

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

• occa changed the title to Arma Hobby 1:72 P-39 Airacobra
  • occa changed the title to Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

Not really my thang, but perhaps a question for the P39-erati out there; Eric Brown's hooked AH574 might be fun subject; it seems to be an Airacobra I (P39C ish?) would that be reasonably easy from this kit?

45 minutes ago, Trenton guy said:

All existing P-39 kits have significant shape issues, particularly in the rear fuselage. You can be sure this one won’t. Also, not so hard to convert to early versions using parts from the now redundant Academy P-39’s in the stash (although, if history is any guide, other versions will follow). I for one am very excited about this.

And the Hobby Boss one looks so bad I don't even class it as a P-39 😂