Arma Hobby NEW 1:72 P-39Q Airacobra

occa

from Arma Hibby this afternoon:

" Tomorrow (Tuesday), Marcin and I are going to the tooling workshop, and I hope for a quick announcement of the new model (we would like it on Wednesday, August 24)."

also:

"and P-51D in 1/72 is going. These models are delayed because significant changes have occurred in the tooling workshop. New employees will be responsible for the production of the moulds. I'm not sure how soon they will get these models finished. I hope that will be clarified at the next meeting."

• Like 3

Message from Arma Hobby

The end of summer is still hot, and I hope you had a good time resting this summer. In Arma Hobby, it is the end of the holidays, and I am writing to you on the day when the test shots of our new model take place. Tomorrow (Tuesday), Marcin and I are going to the tooling workshop, and I hope for a quick announcement of the new model (we would like it on Wednesday, August 24).

In the tooling workshop, we will also find out how the work on Hurricane IIc in the 1/48 scale and P-51D in 1/72 is going. These models are delayed because significant changes have occurred in the tooling workshop. New employees will be responsible for the production of the moulds. I'm not sure how soon they will get these models finished. I hope that will be clarified at the next meeting.

The Hurricane II A / B / C Deluxe Set has almost sold out. We pack orders and close preorders in the coming days. This set will not be re-issued; only a few pieces are left. If you don't want to miss an opportunity, order now. 

New models

We will introduce another P-51B Mustang box with the new model. These two models begin a new series; there will be no further division into the Expert Set and Model Kit series. In the box, you will find great deals and kabuki masks. There will be no photo-etched parts, but in the pre-sale in our store, we offer free 3D prints to the models, e.g. exhaust pipes, seats with belts, etc., depending on the kit.

Logistical considerations dictate this change, and we hope it will allow us to limit price increases a bit during inflation. We strive to simplify the assortment (fewer boxes in stock) and reduce the need to build up inventory. The survey results we conducted among you in June also indicate that the photo-etched parts were the least desired elements of our models. We try to design the next models so that the plates are not necessary for their build.

Not only Arma Hobby

Taking the opportunity, I invite you to our two modelling blogs, where Marcin and I show how we build models from different manufacturers. This year I have already completed three series of models, "Hinomaru", "Mustangs", and "Messerschmitts". See them and comment, please! Although blogs are in Polish Language, google translate may help a bit.

Marcin's blog

Wojtek's blog

We will be grateful for comments and questions under blog posts.

Sincerely

Wojtek Bulhak
Arma Hobby

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

A Farley Fruitbat! Please, Please, Please! Okay, seriously, I do like the idea of the F4U-7. I don't think we're going to get it, but I do like the idea. With Suez markings of course, including Invasion stripes.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Mark Copeland said:

I'd sure like to get some sleep tonight and stop wondering about the next Arma release.

Tomorrow is my 62nd birthday (August 24th), Arma please give me a styrene birthday present!!

Happy Birthday Mark

I Hope that you could get some sleep .?.before the great news .

Best regards

Patrice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

I have changed my Mind its going to be a Hawker sea fury   Single-seat fighter-bomber for the Royal Navy, Royal Australian Navy, Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Netherlands Navy, 615 built, including 31 for the RAN and 53 for the 4 very good decal options 

• Like 1

Sea Fury gets my vote but would like wing fold too.

However there's not even any allowance made for this on the F4F, though admittedly more complex.  That said if Airfix can do it .....

Edited by Denford
Intervening post

19 minutes ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

spacer.png

I have changed my Mind its going to be a Hawker sea fury   Single-seat fighter-bomber for the Royal Navy, Royal Australian Navy, Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Netherlands Navy, 615 built, including 31 for the RAN and 53 for the 4 very good decal options 

and CUBA, before and after the Revolution ... Bay of pigs!

50 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

They think they can reach 17 pages in anticipation... followed by 10 pages of people who want another scale or variant...

First!

Well!!! Why on earth did they ever think anyone would want that!? Financial suicide, I say. And of course it's the wrong scale - I wanted 1/43 to go with my collection of die-cast model cars. No market research, again. I give up!!!  :rant:

There - now we have pre-release condemnation, before anyone even knows what it is.  :whistle:

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 8